Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
The Gundog for me (obviously if he is playing!!)

Never bet against a German when it comes to penalties.

Pep acknowledged it as a concern last night which means he will be working on a solution. We rotate that much that he really needs at least 4 of the squad to be confident and competent. I would go:
Gundo
Foden
Rodri
Aguero

I cant understand after the last jesus cock up with the penalty that pep didn't rollock him and say either don't do it again or don't take a pen again, it clearly does not work. Before this ridiculous step before kicks jesus was better than Sergio, couldn't be easier jesus "what the fuck are you playing at".

Sergio isn't the best ever and some pens that go in you take a sharp breath with !

Its simple, yaya, mario and many others in the prem just hit the ball hard low and in the corners. Same as we have 25 shots in a game and score one when teams have two shots and score two, the penalties are going the same way as we miss a hell of a lot of pens but opposition you feel 100% that it is going in.

Practice the penalties ffs, I know nerves contribute but a shit style of pen in the first place gives us less chance.

Pens are worse than corners now !

I cant understand after the last jesus cock up with the penalty that pep didn't rollock him and say either don't do it again or don't take a pen again, it clearly does not work. Before this ridiculous step before kicks jesus was better than Sergio, couldn't be easier jesus "what the fuck are you playing at".

Sergio isn't the best ever and some pens that go in you take a sharp breath with !

Its simple, yaya, mario and many others in the prem just hit the ball hard low and in the corners. Same as we have 25 shots in a game and score one when teams have two shots and score two, the penalties are going the same way as we miss a hell of a lot of pens but opposition you feel 100% that it is going in.

Practice the penalties ffs, I know nerves contribute but a shit style of pen in the first place gives us less chance.

Pens are worse than corners now !
There are plenty of expert penalty takers who make a delay in their run-up. See Jorginho at Chelsea.

no run-up and the keeper is rooted , simple toe-poke into the corner, unsavable, just needs the bottle to do it. In every game players make 50 yd passes with no run-up, so why the need for a run-up for 12 yd,.. just because everyone else does.....

no run-up and the keeper is rooted , simple toe-poke into the corner, unsavable, just needs the bottle to do it. In every game players make 50 yd passes with no run-up, so why the need for a run-up for 12 yd,.. just because everyone else does.....
Your a genius. Wonder why so many leagues in the world playing for years and years have never thought about a no run up and toe poke to the corner pen - like you see under 5s do

Those of my generation may recall the late Alex Harley playing for City. His penalty technique was just that - he stood with his back to the goal, swivelled and hit it. Takes a lot of bottle & skill to do that (plus plenty of practice as well, I reckon).

Sounds great but have you ever wondered why nobody does it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.