Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
I’m also for Ederson having a go.

In my opinion, I don’t think your scenario is realistic. Ederson is not going to be trying to slot it with a cultured finish. He’s obviously going to just try and fucking hammer it as if he were taking a goal kick (ala Joe Hart versus Galaxy). No keeper saves them it’s just a matter of whether they’re on target or not.

The bigger risk is if it clatters off the crossbar and bounces back into play, which I think is very small.

People worry about this risk but has it ever actually happened in any game where a keeper has taken a free kick or pen? Genuinely curious - there’s been plenty of opportunities as have been cited.

I think you're wrong on this.

His idol is Rogerio Ceni.

Unfortunately couldn't find a compilation of just penalties, but Ceni regularly took penalties of a cultured style, including cheeky panenkas.

Mahrez is left footed, and is continuing to back up the notion that left footed players just aren’t as good at taking penalties overall.

I’m left footed, and wank at them.

Unfortunately it seems Pep just lets the players choose. Choose their captain, choose their penalty taker, etc etc. one of the few things that I don’t like. I’d like them to be told in no uncertain terms; you’re first, if he’s not on the pitch, you’re next… etc

2019? Or the 2020 one IG v Spurs when we got beat 2-0 in the end and killed the league chances completely.

The Serg one v Chelsea in 2021 meant we won the league on a non-match day and a massive anti-climax in lock down, or KDB v Liverpool when we were well behind them early in the season.

The Mahrez misses in the last 2 games cost £3.81m
No wonder he was on my easy jet flight back from Turkey a few months back . I was wondering why a guy who earns big dosh was travelling with us peasants. Pens are costing him £1.95 m a pop

Beggars belief that we are so utterly shite at them. I mean seriously how ****ing difficult is it to hoof the ball into the side netting from 12 yards??? I used to take them at school and never missed a single one. The keepers were diabolical mind you, which helped a bit.

There's two sure fire ways to score 95%+ of the time and both of them are piss easy:

1. "The Balotelli" - Wait until the keeper moves one way and then pass it serenely into the opposite corner.
2. "The Elano" - Wallop it into the side netting and don't give a fuck what the keeper wants to do because he isn't keeping it out no matter what he does.

We seem to prefer

3. "The David Silva" - Pass the ball gently to the keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.