Pep, 2016-17 Ticket Prices etc.

Nonsense - I pay for a better seat and facilities and service. If you're u are skint buy one for 299 pounds. That's 6 pounds per week to watch us. End of story as far as I am concerned.
Honestly, I don't think there are enough of those cheap tickets. Far, far too many £600+ tickets. However, as long as people are willing to play, then it's fair game for the club.

I have been reading this thread and all the valid arguments. It got me thinking to possible solutions that might tick a few more boxes.

There has to be a fine line between making something cheaper, yet ensuring people will still attend, willing to take a hit, because it's so?

What would people think of my proposal. Tickets reduced by 30 per cent, across the board (maybe not on the £299), commensurate with where you sit in the ground?

The caveat being, the club can make an automatic surcharge of £20 per game, direct from your account, should your seat not be used for any reason.

Implemented very much along the lines of the current direct debit you hold with the club, the charges will then be added to whatever your regular monthly season ticket outgoing is.

Eg: my season ticket currently costs £600 to sit in South Stand level 3. If this were reduced by the 30 per cent it will cost me £420. I have been unable to attend or pass on my ticket about five times this season, which would equate to an additional £100 I would owe on my City season ticket account?

City's personal reduction to me (in real terms) would equate to only an £80 drop if I am able to attend the remainder of the games this season.

A little more acceptable to the club's bean-counters? The by-product being there are clearly thousands who are not able to occupy their seats 100 per cent of the time.

Rather than cheapen the product, this could surely be seen as a two-way street? The club are then seen to be lowering prices (with the headline saving being 30 per cent reductions) when it's probably going to be closer to 10 or 15 per cent, taking into account non-attendance.

I think this would also solve a few issues in the family stand on late match night, and elsewhere. The kids tickets should maybe increased to around £199 for the season, the increase there offset by the adults' own saving on their own ticket.

This would cover the cost of around five games the younger fan was unable to attend at the extra £20 a game surcharge.

Those who did manage to attend every game, are rightly rewarded with their 30 per cent reduction and perhaps also get an extra 200 loyalty points on their next season card, which would also be a better solution to the fatally flawed Platinum scheme.

Last edited:
The question is......is ticket revenue important to the club in the big scheme of things.....a season ticket at Bayern is £104! They recently stated that if they were to increase prices to the 'going rate' it would raise an extra £2,000,000 a season. A drop in the ocean compared to their overall revenue.........

The club should also allow Season Ticket holders to sell their ticket through the exchange more than 6 times a season..... does the cap on the number of sales really matter?

Bloody hell...looks like even more empty seats next year. It'll be great winning the league in front of the loyal 28000 again - just like the old days. Pep's going to love it.

Haha! I think this could be good. I reckon we will be up to 30k Blues for the title run in.

Ps: I'd never realised that Steictly and the X Factir were so appealing

I have been reading this thread and all the valid arguments. It got me thinking to possible solutions that might tick a few more boxes.

There has to be a fine line between making something cheaper, yet ensuring people will still attend, willing to take a hit, because it's so?

What would people think of my proposal. Tickets reduced by 30 per cent, across the board (maybe not on the £299), commensurate with where you sit in the ground?

The caveat being, the club can make an automatic surcharge of £20 per game, direct from your account, should your seat not be used for any reason.

Implemented very much along the lines of the current direct debit you hold with the club, the charges will then be added to whatever your regular monthly season ticket outgoing is.

Eg: my season ticket currently costs £600 to sit in South Stand level 3. If this were reduced by the 30 per cent it will cost me £420. I have been unable to attend or pass on my ticket about five times this season, which would equate to an additional £100 I would owe on my City season ticket account?

City's personal reduction to me (in real terms) would equate to only an £80 drop if I am able to attend the remainder of the games this season.

A little more acceptable to the club's bean-counters? The by-product being there are clearly thousands who are not able to occupy their seats 100 per cent of the time.

Rather than cheapen the product, this could surely be seen as a two-way street? The club are then seen to be lowering prices (with the headline saving being 30 per cent reductions) when it's probably going to be closer to 10 or 15 per cent, taking into account non-attendance.

I think this would also solve a few issues in the family stand on late match night, and elsewhere. The kids tickets should maybe increased to around £199 for the season, the increase there offset by the adults' own saving on their own ticket.

This would cover the cost of around five games the younger fan was unable to attend at the extra £20 a game surcharge.

Those who did manage to attend every game, are rightly rewarded with their 30 per cent reduction and perhaps also get an extra 200 loyalty points on their next season card, which would also be a better solution to the fatally flawed Platinum scheme.

I would be really fucking annoyed if this was introduced
League matches are Saturday 3pm and occasional Tuesday or Wednesday evenings
However, due to television, these can be changed to early or late Saturday, any fucking time on Sunday, Monday night and aren't they thinking of Fridays now as well!
It's already difficult enough to attend due to fixture changes, so a fine must be out of the question
Look at the Everton league match a few weeks ago. I was in Essex, left work early and gave up trying to get to the stadium at 7.35pm when I was stuck in the M56 traffic at the airport
I was really pissed off that I'd missed the game that I'd tried my absolute best to attend and had already paid for and I can only imagine how fucking furious I'd have been if I'd also been fined

I can see where you are coming from, but personally for me would prefer all costs up front.
I take 3 kids so would get stung by their increase more than others.
Have rows with the wife about kids at the night matches but always win on the basis i can't take one without the other and kids do get ill a lot.
Not so keen on getting on being charged for not going as when i do miss a game which is rarely it is for genuine reasons and not because i can't be arsed.
Also wide open to sensational headlines of " Dead person charged for not attending City match"
People on interest free payments and cup schemes always get hit at the wrong time of the month for payments so any further hidden charges may cause problems.

A general price freeze of tickets with a reduction offered if you would like to go on the 3 cup schemes, might help with the midweek attendances because generally it is these matches that we struggle with.

Lots of talk on forums of prices etc,people ,including long term supporters,saying any increase will result in cancellation of ST etc.
As probably one of the biggest forums around would it be worthwhile for Bluemoon to act now and formally approach the club voicing the real concerns around this.
We cannot wait until it happens and then start shouting. I am sure there are some individuals making noises but as a group we would have at least done what we can before its too late.
Ric/Mods anyone want to take this on 'officially'on behalf of the whole Bluemoon membership?

Lots of talk on forums of prices etc,people ,including long term supporters,saying any increase will result in cancellation of ST etc.
As probably one of the biggest forums around would it be worthwhile for Bluemoon to act now and formally approach the club voicing the real concerns around this.
We cannot wait until it happens and then start shouting. I am sure there are some individuals making noises but as a group we would have at least done what we can before its too late.
Ric/Mods anyone want to take this on 'officially'on behalf of the whole Bluemoon membership?

The only way the club would even entertain talking to a supporters group is if it was properly organised like a union, with a complete registered membership and elected representatives
Can you imagine trying to make an appointment to see anyone at City

Receptionist "Mr Soriano, I've got a Mr Turner from the Bluemoon Forum on the line who wishes to make an appointment to discuss season ticket prices with you"

The only way the club would even entertain talking to a supporters group is if it was properly organised like a union, with a complete registered membership and elected representatives
Can you imagine trying to make an appointment to see anyone at City

Receptionist "Mr Soriano, I've got a Mr Turner from the Bluemoon Forum on the line who wishes to make an appointment to discuss season ticket prices with you"

Soriano "put the man through "

Ric "Good Morning Sir,we have an issue with my posse,including the argumentative twat meeesh,what's the crack with season tickets lad for next season ?"

I think this could work

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.