Pep, 2016-17 Ticket Prices etc.

they are completely packing up, and we are talking long standing season ticket holders. They feel the club know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
That sums up our current club management unfortunately. Wouldn't surprise me if Soriano and others were on bonuses based on how much they increase each revenue stream.

You would think due to the extra money coming from the tv deals, that the club would freeze prices for next season.

Especially considering a lot of clubs have come out already and said that is what they are doing.

That sums up our current club management unfortunately. Wouldn't surprise me if Soriano and others were on bonuses based on how much they increase each revenue stream.
We're in a fantastic position to get ourselves some positive press by announcing a drop in prices right now. We should have been on it as soon as Liverpool came out with their £77 ticket, but instead they have positioned themselves as the saviours of football fans with the walkout and subsequent dropping of said ticket. Yesterday there was an outpouring of back slapping by journalists on Twitter which would be worth more to Liverpool than the couple of million they would have taken from the increases.

We should be getting ahead of the game in this respect and see if we're awarded the same goodwill - though I wouldn't hold my breath.
All that said I don't see it happening unfortunately and your post is probably closer to the truth of where we are.

It's certainly a dilemma for the club.

They can afford to take the hit, but they are businessmen at the end of the day. We are seemingly still making very little in matchday income, in comparison to some of our main rivals?

The problem becomes when you cheapen a product, as it eventually becomes less desirable?

If the club made tickets a fiver or tenner, across the board, the meltdown would come because we wouldn't all be able to get in, or it would be empty for some games because fans would decide it's only a small hit not to attend.

My boy is coming up for nine this year and I take him on a game-by-game basis. It literally costs me anywhere between £5 and £30 to take him in the same block as my season ticket, and I would love to get him a season ticket, but I already pay out for three and there is only so much goodwill you can play on, until fans decide money is needed for actual life priorities.

Jeez, you're a misery of late PB. If they freeze (or even reduce) the prices for next season will you give any credit to City or will you say it was all down to the scousers (of all people)?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.