Pep, 2016-17 Ticket Prices etc.

It's certainly a dilemma for the club.

They can afford to take the hit, but they are businessmen at the end of the day. We are seemingly still making very little in matchday income, in comparison to some of our main rivals?

The problem becomes when you cheapen a product, as it eventually becomes less desirable?

If the club made tickets a fiver or tenner, across the board, the meltdown would come because we wouldn't all be able to get in, or it would be empty for some games because fans would decide it's only a small hit not to attend.

My boy is coming up for nine this year and I take him on a game-by-game basis. It literally costs me anywhere between £5 and £30 to take him in the same block as my season ticket, and I would love to get him a season ticket, but I already pay out for three and there is only so much goodwill you can play on, until fans decide money is needed for actual life priorities.
No one's asking them to make it a tenner across the board. £30-40 is OK for a standard seat for league games.

It's fine saying they're businessmen but, as you say, goodwill will run out eventually if they continue treating us like customers, because customers have a choice. In our case it's to pay or not to pay.

The pricing for the Kiev game proves that they're prioritising revenue over a full ground. Instead of saying, as Cook did for Hamburg, let's get the ground full and rocking, they've ignored the fact that we haven't sold out for more attractive opposition, didn't sell out a League Cup semi-final and many have just paid for a Wembley final. There could be 10,000 empty seats for that Kiev game - it may help the bottom line a bit but how does it help the team?

In terms of our matchday revenue compared to our rivals, we're about level with Liverpool, whose prices are probably a bit higher but they gave a far bigger fanbase. They've got the same problem we're starting to see, with local regulars priced out and a high proportion of tourists taking their place. The only ones with a higher matchday revenue are Chelsea, Arsenal & the rags. The first two charge London prices and the latter have a much bigger stadium, with a high proportion of hospitality/premium revenue.

Jeez, you're a misery of late PB. If they freeze (or even reduce) the prices for next season will you give any credit to City or will you say it was all down to the scousers (of all people)?
No I'll give them credit but there's little doubt some credit will be down to the Liverpool fans' protest. Had they not done that then I have my doubts we'd be seeing a price freeze and we don't yet know what we will get. Matchday revenue should be significantly up this season anyway as we've more seats and more premium seats.

I'd like to see:
  • A freeze across the board,
  • Ditching of Platinum (which at most will bring in £1m a year),
  • A set price for the various areas of the ground, regardless of who we're playing.

the scouse walkout was just part of what has been happening for seasons, a couple of seasons ago supporters groups were lobbying MPs about the cost of tickets for away fans, they were asking that they be capped at £20, of course nothing came of it, how weird that after the walkout several MPs are saying things must change

I'll be renewing whatever, but would be renewing with a lighter heart if Mr Pellegrini were staying................. just saying. I will, of course, support Guardiola because he will be our Manager but would prefer Mr Pellegrini.

Footy matches happen once or twice a week but cost the same as a gig that could be once in a lifetime, its ridiculous. I saw Roger Waters doing The Wall for the same price as a match ticket, thats not right

I'll be renewing whatever, but would be renewing with a lighter heart if Mr Pellegrini were staying................. just saying. I will, of course, support Guardiola because he will be our Manager but would prefer Mr Pellegrini.

hahahahahahaha...........................................................................hahahahahahahaha..............erm...............................................hahahahaha

You'll learn to love him in time Eccles. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.