Pep and the Boston Celtics

Handball for the tactics, though he strikes me as the sort of person who could try and take tactical lessons from Monopoly.

But basketball is very popular in Barcelona and I think they have a hoop as part of the training facilities at City that Pep plays with the other coaching staff.

I'm pretty sure in one of the Marti Perarnau books it does reference him picking up tactical elements from basketball as well - particularly the attacking triangles that the Bulls executed back in the 90s to create extra time and space.

I'm not sure there's a lot more you can take from basketball other than the transitional element. I love it as a sport. Whilst it lacks the tactical nuances you get in other sports where you can hold onto a lead in a number of ways, because of the shot clock and handing over possession when that runs down, it is all about trying to attack and score as a result and you get a lot of late drama.

Im a bit of an old head basketball wise, lakers fan since shaq and kobe. Im some ways organized youth basketball is more sophisticated than the nba today since the kids cant shoot as well. Too much reliance on 3 pointers for my taste, it used to be seen as a gimmicky shot, now its the meat and potatoes of the game.

Pep should get into american football, its a basically a game of chess, he would love it i think.
There was a study done a day apparently the ball is in play for about 13 mins during an NFL game. Some of the low block teams we face are prob aiming for similar when they play us ...

Im a bit of an old head basketball wise, lakers fan since shaq and kobe. Im some ways organized youth basketball is more sophisticated than the nba today since the kids cant shoot as well. Too much reliance on 3 pointers for my taste, it used to be seen as a gimmicky shot, now its the meat and potatoes of the game.

Pep should get into american football, its a basically a game of chess, he would love it i think.
Chess is infinitely more exciting to watch than that shite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.