Pep articles/videos (and Pep Confidential link)

No problem mate!
More intriguing stuff from the above posters. Starting to understand how and why Pep is a genius, and I too would love to see some of our training live streamed.

A piece by Sam Wallace in the Telegraph about City's long-term plan in pursuit of Pep and how we developed links with his brother Pere's venture at Girona as a result: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ty-courted-Guardiolas-brother-to-get-Pep.html

I remember Damocles saying at the time that the dealings with Pere seemed to offer very convincing evidence that Pep would be City bound, and I agreed with that at the time. One thing I disagree with Wallace about (and a few other journalists have said this as well) is that the building of our Academy and structure put in place at the club were specifically with a view to attracting Pep Guardiola. The Academy and general structure of the club are in place because our executives think that's the best way to enable us to achieve ongoing and sustainable success. Pep shares that view so was tempted by the working conditions we're offering him, but I'm convinced that we'd have created the same conditions even if he'd never had the slightest interest in joining us.

Cracking little article about him in the Sun this morning and tomorrow (I think)

A piece by Sam Wallace in the Telegraph about City's long-term plan in pursuit of Pep and how we developed links with his brother Pere's venture at Girona as a result: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ty-courted-Guardiolas-brother-to-get-Pep.html

I remember Damocles saying at the time that the dealings with Pere seemed to offer very convincing evidence that Pep would be City bound, and I agreed with that at the time. One thing I disagree with Wallace about (and a few other journalists have said this as well) is that the building of our Academy and structure put in place at the club were specifically with a view to attracting Pep Guardiola. The Academy and general structure of the club are in place because our executives think that's the best way to enable us to achieve ongoing and sustainable success. Pep shares that view so was tempted by the working conditions we're offering him, but I'm convinced that we'd have created the same conditions even if he'd never had the slightest interest in joining us.

Yes, people are trying to read a bit too much into the long term planning for pep by bringing in the CFA. The planning for the CFA started in 2011, long before Txiki even arrived and our pursuit of pep became real.

So the idea the author has of the academy being there just to lure Pep seems simply like the latest attempt to write the CFA off as a vanity project.

Yes, people are trying to read a bit too much into the long term planning for pep by bringing in the CFA. The planning for the CFA started in 2011, long before Txiki even arrived and our pursuit of pep became real.

So the idea the author has of the academy being there just to lure Pep seems simply like the latest attempt to write the CFA off as a vanity project.

Yeah I completely agree. Pep was part of a wider plan for the club, not the other way round, which is the way the British media now want to spin things.

Yeah I completely agree. Pep was part of a wider plan for the club, not the other way round, which is the way the British media now want to spin things.

Yeah, by any stretch of the imagination, spending £100m+ on new academy and training facilities just to attract one manager for a 3 year managerial stint, is fucking mental. It's abundantly clear that's not what City have done to anyone with even a modicum of sense.

It's absolutely not there to 'lure' Pep but if you look at the various ways Pep plays, then look at the way our academy teams now play, imo it is very much set up with Pep in mind. Of course it would still go on without him, but he is the ideal they had in mind, imo, to pull together the academy & the first team & he is the person who (hopefully) will create a bridge between the football philosophy we are trying to create at the academy & the future style of the first team.

Currently there are few similarities & the first team is out of synch with the rest of the club. But the academy teams are an 'attempt' at Pep football, but basically put together by lesser coaches, without Pep. We now have 'the man' to tell everyone which bits we are getting right & which bits we can improve on, in order to bring all the pieces together & as the first team does almost nothing remotely anywhere near on the same planet tactically as a Pep team, once the first team evolves into a Pepteam, so it should be easier for kids to move from the academy to fill in for the first team.

I also don't believe our links with Pep's brother are there purely to influence Pep, I think it's part of the same plan, to try & get kids through to the first team. I think we will see it develop more in the future.

This piece http://spielverlagerung.com/2014/12/25/juego-de-posicion-under-pep-guardiola/ which has been linked in ths thread & several others, imo shows for one what a turkey shoot our formations are compared to Pep's, but also for anyone who watches the academy teams (on a good day) you can see the similarities in what they are trying to do, & what Pep is trying to do & the complete lack of any relation to that & Pellegrini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.