Pep articles/videos (and Pep Confidential link)

I don't suppose 'Pep Confidential' comes in audio book form does it?.....I bloody hate reading and would prefer to listen to it on my car journeys if possible

The 15-Pass Build-Up

This is a post from another football forum that I liked, I asked the author if I could share it. It's pretty simple, just illustrates the 15-pass build up that Pep talks about in the book.

Quote by Guardiola from Marti perarnau's book:Pep Confidential

If there isn't a sequence of 15 passes first, it's impossible to carry out the transition between defence & attack.Impossible.

Having the ball is important if you are going for 15 consecutive passes in the middle of the field in order to maintain your shape, whilst at the same time upsetting the opposition'sorganisation.

How do you disorganise them? With fast ,tight, focused passing as a part of this 15-move sequence. You need most of your men working as a unit, although some of them will need to maintain a bit of distance from each other in order to stretch out the rival team. And whilst you make those 15 moves & organise yourselves, your opponents are chasing you all over the park, trying to get the ball from you. In the process, without realising it, they'll have lost all organisation.

If you lose the ball, if they get it off you, then the player who takes will probably be alone & surrounded by your players, who will then get it back easily or, at the very least ensure that the rival team cant manoeuvre quickly.It's these 15 passes that prevent your rival from making any kind of co-ordinated transition.

Initially

Bayern are deep in their own half.The objective is to move the entire team up the pitch as a unit whilst making the rival run after the ball as they are marking man for man to prevent bayern from building up.This sequence several advantages.

Once the back-chain has reached the centre circle then Bayern can focus on making attacking plays as the distances to be run will be significantly lesser.If an attack fails there are midfielders behind the ball to win it back. If the play goes wide then the wingers can cross low & hard to the front post while the midfielders look for the second ball not to mention strikers like Muller & Lewandowski are so close to goal they can have a snap-shot at target utilising their key strength-Shooting.

Final Position

)

Yes for all the positivity we know some (through stupidity or bitterness) will never give us nor Guardiola credit.
I don't know if there is an audio version unfortunately but the book is not too taxing, short chapters.
Thanks for that, I kept thinking 15 passes sounded too much just to transition. It's clearer now, the whole team moves forward together.

Really excited about Guardiola coming here and I'd love to see some of the best articles/videos about him. Mostly interested in ones about his style of play but ofcourse funny ones welcome too. Just want to learn more as I never pay too much attention to other clubs, and start dreaming of the beautiful football he can achieve here. I know there were some great ones in the linked with City thread if anyone wants to re-post them please do.

http://spielverlagerung.com/2014/12/25/juego-de-posicion-under-pep-guardiola/
This one's pretty technical but a great read, match analyses at bottom easier to understand

*Here's a free download for Pep Confidential I just found, you'll need to download an epub reader to view it on a computer:

Thank you very much for the link to the book. Much appreciated.

You're welcome mate some dude on twitter posted it, found it on first page of google.
Ah yes his team are interesting enough themselves. Liking the sound of Planchart, video/scouting guy, and Estiarte the water polo legend!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.