Pep articles/videos (and Pep Confidential link)

It's absolutely not there to 'lure' Pep but if you look at the various ways Pep plays, then look at the way our academy teams now play, imo it is very much set up with Pep in mind. Of course it would still go on without him, but he is the ideal they had in mind, imo, to pull together the academy & the first team & he is the person who (hopefully) will create a bridge between the football philosophy we are trying to create at the academy & the future style of the first team.

Currently there are few similarities & the first team is out of synch with the rest of the club. But the academy teams are an 'attempt' at Pep football, but basically put together by lesser coaches, without Pep. We now have 'the man' to tell everyone which bits we are getting right & which bits we can improve on, in order to bring all the pieces together & as the first team does almost nothing remotely anywhere near on the same planet tactically as a Pep team, once the first team evolves into a Pepteam, so it should be easier for kids to move from the academy to fill in for the first team.

I also don't believe our links with Pep's brother are there purely to influence Pep, I think it's part of the same plan, to try & get kids through to the first team. I think we will see it develop more in the future.

This piece http://spielverlagerung.com/2014/12/25/juego-de-posicion-under-pep-guardiola/ which has been linked in ths thread & several others, imo shows for one what a turkey shoot our formations are compared to Pep's, but also for anyone who watches the academy teams (on a good day) you can see the similarities in what they are trying to do, & what Pep is trying to do & the complete lack of any relation to that & Pellegrini.

I agree with all that, especially the Girona FC part, I think that is us establishing another friendly connection with a club, like we have with Cambuur, to try and find a solution to bridging the gap between youth team and first team in a country without B teams playing in professional leagues.

Really excited about Guardiola coming here and I'd love to see some of the best articles/videos about him. Mostly interested in ones about his style of play but ofcourse funny ones welcome too. Just want to learn more as I never pay too much attention to other clubs, and start dreaming of the beautiful football he can achieve here. I know there were some great ones in the linked with City thread if anyone wants to re-post them please do.

http://spielverlagerung.com/2014/12/25/juego-de-posicion-under-pep-guardiola/
This one's pretty technical but a great read, match analyses at bottom easier to understand

*Here's a free download for Pep Confidential I just found, you'll need to download an epub reader to view it on a computer:

Thanks for that
Also opens in iBooks on the iPad

No problem at all, everyone is welcome. Thanks to everyone contributing.

The way we are run always astounds me, this really is a plan coming together.
Enjoying this positivity for now, it's too fun reading our greatness described and rival fans' delusion in the comments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.