Pep documentary on BBC

Very good and wonderful to see the old footage at Barca especially the early years goes to show all the idiots that he didn’t take over a great team at Barca
I use to respect Winter as a sports journalist but for some reason he changed, maybe he joined the bitters’ What’sApp group of failed journalists He didn’t spoil it for me but, it would have been better without his bitter comments

Excellent documentary and I feel quite blessed and very grateful that I have been able to watch a City team with Pep in charge. It will be a sad day for City when he finally leaves.

I remember just how ungrateful some fans are, a blue who I know a few weeks ago after we’d drawn against Palace was advocating Pep should be sacked and replaced with Shaun Dyche!
On the way out of the Etihad against Palace I also heard more than one person saying times come now to replace Pep that draws on him. Crazy

My mate says can you watch this anyway else as he doesn't give a penny to the Busby bullshit corporation.?

All those patronising, superior posters yesterday look a bit foolish. The club is clearly incensed at the Uefa Ceo's behaviour too.
Pep is brilliant at his “angry” outbursts as he never says anything they can twist, the few words he used said it all about the “UEFA President” he dint even name him Pointed out as a lawyer he should know better and trust the process, he’s got a lot to do at UEFA he should wait

It was an interesting programme and comparison. The two best teams and both Pep teams. Barca with outstanding individuals playing as a team and us with less accepted (KBD apart) players sweeping all aside. I think our/his 2018 was more like Barca, but I don't know whether they came up against 6-5-0 formations like we do all the time. It could be, of course, that our players are not lauded as much as they were/are and we are the second coming, so to speak.

Were they better individuals Buscetts/Rodri - KDB/Messi - Bernie/Iniesta / Puyol-Dias / Stones-Pique etc. Were our fullback better? They didn't have a Harland (didn't need one obv).

I'm left with the feeling that they were the better team and I don't really know why. Maybe I've been conditioned to think that by the reporting over the years. One point the programme made was that, with Bayern, he made a mistake, not too dissimilar to the Chelsea CL final and I believe he was more pragmatic against Inter, ensuring the win.
If we are fortunate enough to reach the final again - whoever it is we face - I think we have to blow them away like Barca did to the Rags, to ranked better than them.
The difference is that Barca had the best player of all time in Messi. He elevated that team to a cult status. I am sure Pep's current City team would have dominated in Spain in that era and perhaps also won a few Champions Leagues but you can't underestimate the sheer charisma of Messi. If we win back-to-back trebles I may have to change my position though.

Excellent documentary and I feel quite blessed and very grateful that I have been able to watch a City team with Pep in charge. It will be a sad day for City when he finally leaves.

I remember watching the el classico they featured in the documentary in a pub and everyone going mad at what they were watching. Never in my wildest dreams dreams could I have imagined that Pep would come here and deliver these kind of moments with City. Incredible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.