Pep documentary on BBC

I don't look down at Stuart Pearce like some on here as he was a fine footballer and a warrior who played 38 times for us. Ok, he wasn't a good manager and we played boring football under him but i like the guy. And he's also a big Stranglers fan so he'll do for me.

But that 04/0 season under him, deary me: (

It was an interesting programme and comparison. The two best teams and both Pep teams. Barca with outstanding individuals playing as a team and us with less accepted (KBD apart) players sweeping all aside. I think our/his 2018 was more like Barca, but I don't know whether they came up against 6-5-0 formations like we do all the time. It could be, of course, that our players are not lauded as much as they were/are and we are the second coming, so to speak.

Were they better individuals Buscetts/Rodri - KDB/Messi - Bernie/Iniesta / Puyol-Dias / Stones-Pique etc. Were our fullback better? They didn't have a Harland (didn't need one obv).

I'm left with the feeling that they were the better team and I don't really know why. Maybe I've been conditioned to think that by the reporting over the years. One point the programme made was that, with Bayern, he made a mistake, not too dissimilar to the Chelsea CL final and I believe he was more pragmatic against Inter, ensuring the win.
If we are fortunate enough to reach the final again - whoever it is we face - I think we have to blow them away like Barca did to the Rags, to ranked better than them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.