Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really need Otamendi, Stones and Laporte to step up to the challenge of leading this team post-Kompany. But Pep will ensure the squad retain their motivation to improve.

They will all want the CL and I think, as fans, we want it now too. Seeing how he has trained them in pre-season is a sign he is still as motivated as ever. De Bruyne looks incredible again, Silva looks right back to his best, and Rodri has slotted in really well. If we can keep Sane then we have an incredible squad. Sterling and Bernardo will keep improving too. Then you have the bonus of Mahrez with another season under his belt and a good ACON, Jesus performing for Brazil, Aguero being Aguero, and Mendy hopefully staying fit. Good times ahead!

not shooting you down. but i'd be in seventh heaven if from now until pep leaves we consistently just won the league and nothing else.

both scenarios would be beyond unbelievable, and incredibly difficult to achieve. but given choice between two prems and no champs vs one prem and two champs over the next two years, i'd 100% choose the former. that record of four consecutive league titles would blow everything else out of the water.

agreed on silva. thought he'd be the one benched this season, but going on pre-season he's made himself undroppable. so god knows which of the big 5 makes way if sane stays put.

Can't wait for all the rumours to start about how City's new contract with Pep is actually just £1 a year, the other 100 million comes from Puma.

not shooting you down. but i'd be in seventh heaven if from now until pep leaves we consistently just won the league and nothing else.

both scenarios would be beyond unbelievable, and incredibly difficult to achieve. but given choice between two prems and no champs vs one prem and two champs over the next two years, i'd 100% choose the former. that record of four consecutive league titles would blow everything else out of the water.

agreed on silva. thought he'd be the one benched this season, but going on pre-season he's made himself undroppable. so god knows which of the big 5 makes way if sane stays put.

Each to their own. Four in a row would be incredible, but how about two league titles and one CL?! Agreed!

Really need Otamendi, Stones and Laporte to step up to the challenge of leading this team post-Kompany. But Pep will ensure the squad retain their motivation to improve.

They will all want the CL and I think, as fans, we want it now too. Seeing how he has trained them in pre-season is a sign he is still as motivated as ever. De Bruyne looks incredible again, Silva looks right back to his best, and Rodri has slotted in really well. If we can keep Sane then we have an incredible squad. Sterling and Bernardo will keep improving too. Then you have the bonus of Mahrez with another season under his belt and a good ACON, Jesus performing for Brazil, Aguero being Aguero, and Mendy hopefully staying fit. Good times ahead!

People like Kompany leaving creates a vacuum and someone will fill it. So I'm not worried about if, more excited about who. KDB seems keen, it could be the making of John Stones, I think Sterling is definitely ready and eager to be a leader on the pitch, Walker might even show a side we've not really seen yet, Bernardo will have new found authority now he's pretty much a guaranteed starter.

Pep's said in the past great teams don't have 1 leader, and with Kompany that's what we had. We'll definitely miss him, but if him clearing out means there's space for 2 or 3 players to take it upon themselves to be that difference maker and try to lead in their own way, it could take this side from one of the best Premier League teams of all time, to one of the best club teams of all time, like 08-12 Barcelona. Multiple league and european titles included.

I disagree, even if we win 4 league titles in a row, there'll always be that question mark of why we can't do it in Europe. I think to be recognized as a truly great team, we have to win the CL at least once

I disagree, even if we win 4 league titles in a row, there'll always be that question mark of why we can't do it in Europe. I think to be recognized as a truly great team, we have to win the CL at least once

it's a very reasonable opinion and the majority would agree with you.

you're right that we're perceived as a side which can't cut it in europe, but in all honesty i'm not arsed. the cl is basically a seven game knockout competition, where luck plays a huge part, and which oddly enough the best team rarely ends up winning.

also one cl would still only take us level with villa (as we'd constantly be reminded). whereas 4 leagues in a row and we'd surpass ferguson's united and paisley's liverpool.

Of course we do. The longer we don't do it, the bigger albatross it becomes.

I'd sacrifice all three domestic trophies for the Champions League nest season, without a shadow of a doubt.

Just waiting for Pep's Community Shield pre match presser , where he will mention how short we are of players , the game is a waste of time and should not be played , but he absolutely will stoop to that level ,because he doesnt make excuses or disrespect a trophy that has been in place for over a century , leave that to Klippety. Used to respect Klippety when he was in Germany but he has gone full Dipper now , he's a tw*t.

Just waiting for Pep's Community Shield pre match presser , where he will mention how short we are of players , the game is a waste of time and should not be played , but he absolutely will stoop to that level ,because he doesnt make excuses or disrespect a trophy that has been in place for over a century , leave that to Klippety. Used to respect Klippety when he was in Germany but he has gone full Dipper now , he's a tw*t.

grrrrrrrrrrr "will not stoop to that level"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.