Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Guardiola on his style of play: "I try to attack and defend always, the only difference is based on the attributes of the players I coach. Ultimately, I try to entertain the public and play an attacking style of football." [via @ManCity]

Pep Guardiola on wanting to coach in Italy: "I don’t know, I’m very happy in Manchester."

Pep is at a stage of his management career with City where I suppose he's thinking, see my contract out and move to Juve, who are the only Italian team I think he will consider as they will offer him the best chance of success both domestically and in Europe..

He will then have achieved great success in Spain, Germany, England and potentially Italy..

What a fantastic legacy that would be for him personally, probably never to be repeated by another manager...

On the other hand, he is building his own team at City, has the full backing of the club and the best infrastructure he could possibly wish for anywhere.

He has the opportunity to cement his name within the history of our club..

I hope he decides to stay a bit longer with us and gets the chance to see the team he's building develop into a powerhouse..

I suppose time will tell..

Would he go to italy with half empty stadiums and racism? i'm not convinced he would

Yeah I think he would. Last of the 4 big leagues left to conquer. Lots of historic clubs, he lived there for 3 years, he speaks the language.

I think he'll go to Roma in 3 years time or AC Milan if they've sorted themselves out.

Yeah I think he would. Last of the 4 big leagues left to conquer. Lots of historic clubs, he lived there for 3 years, he speaks the language.

I think he'll go to Roma in 3 years time or AC Milan if they've sorted themselves out.

If he goes, he goes to Juve i'd imagine. However, I cant imagine him being arsed with Ronaldo - he wont fancy the ego, Juve are commercially to heavily involved with Ronaldo to move him on & he clearly wouldn't suit a team trying to learn a "Pep" style of play. That would mean that is at least two years away

If he goes, he goes to Juve i'd imagine. However, I cant imagine him being arsed with Ronaldo - he wont fancy the ego, Juve are commercially to heavily involved with Ronaldo to move him on & he clearly wouldn't suit a team trying to learn a "Pep" style of play. That would mean that is at least two years away

I don't think he'll go to Juve. He's shown he's pretty aware of people's criticisms of him, and I think he'll take a club on the up rather than marshalling Juve to their 38th title or whatever it is by then.

Conte has also shown that Italy is very soft. A good manager can go into any of the top 5 or 6 sides and make them title contenders with only a few additions.

Roma have ambitious American owners, he has a history with the club, they have a great scouting network and some very good young players who would be perfect if he was taking over in 2 or 3 years time.

Pep is at a stage of his management career with City where I suppose he's thinking, see my contract out and move to Juve, who are the only Italian team I think he will consider as they will offer him the best chance of success both domestically and in Europe..

He will then have achieved great success in Spain, Germany, England and potentially Italy..

What a fantastic legacy that would be for him personally, probably never to be repeated by another manager...

On the other hand, he is building his own team at City, has the full backing of the club and the best infrastructure he could possibly wish for anywhere.

He has the opportunity to cement his name within the history of our club..

I hope he decides to stay a bit longer with us and gets the chance to see the team he's building develop into a powerhouse..

I suppose time will tell..

He’ll be in Qatar for the 2022 WC. For what country remains to be seen.

He’ll be in Qatar for the 2022 WC. For what country remains to be seen.

Absolutely zero chance. Pep is never going to break his contract here early, and he's not going to take a national team over with 12 months before a tournament - only 3 or 4 international breaks.

It's just nowhere near enough time, and none of the big players are going to change manager on that short a notice anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.