Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I‘m inclined to agree. Once we’ve won the CL - which I’m convinced will be this year - he will have achieved all his targets with us. That doesn‘t mean he’ll walk immediately but I’d be surprised if he didn‘t fancy a completely fresh challenge.
I don't think he is going to be here forever but I also don't see anything else out there for him.

He has nothing to gain by uprooting everything and moving to Juventus and the likes of Agnelli would clash with Pep over everything. He won't go back to Spain, the league is fucked and he has already dominated it. What else is there for him?

International management is not for him either.

I don't think he is going to be here forever but I also don't see anything else out there for him.

He has nothing to gain by uprooting everything and moving to Juventus and the likes of Agnelli would clash with Pep over everything. He won't go back to Spain, the league is fucked and he has already dominated it. What else is there for him?

The rags?

No uprooting, hands-off owners, big challenge...

I know you are joking but no. He will not go there. The only chance of that is with a new owner and complete change of how they are run and that will take time.

Last edited:

PSG maybe? You don't think he'd fancy going back to barca in a few years? Don't see him in Italy, but there are one or two i bet would appeal to him.

I think eventually, Pep will stay with the city football group for a bit and work as a club ambassador. Maybe not right after his current contract but one day.

One thing I've noticed is that the club has been offering it's expertise for a fee to other clubs in implementing growth and other processes to help other clubs grow and then hopefully succeed.

I can see Pep being a part of that. He can be a club ambassador, oversee the entire level of coaching and coaching philosophy throughout the CFG (every club in the group including the first team, the academy (a big draw for him because he's expressed his love for coaching and molding young players), women's team, etc..) and offering coaching expertise, philosophy, etc to other clubs that will undoubtedly pay for that service.

What better way to expand Pep/Cruyff way of football.

I do not believe he will ever coach for another team in a country that he has already managed in. AC Milan is the only team in Italy, I think he possibly has an interest in. After his experience with Bayern where to board is so heavily involved plus the politics that he dealt whilst at Barca will turn him off to the idea of coaching Juve. Inter has a successful coach in Conte. PSG won't be challenging enough for him and I can't see him going to another team in France.

As for the national team, there isn't enough training time available for him to implement his style for any team at that level. So it's tough to say where he will go after City.

Last edited:
PSG maybe? You don't think he'd fancy going back to barca in a few years? Don't see him in Italy, but there are one or two i bet would appeal to him.
I mean he could go to PSG just to complete the set of league titles but its not really a challenge for him. PSG are light years away from our infrastructure and so forth.

Barca are probably a decade from sorting themselves out, I don't think he would want all that stress and going back he would always be judged on the first stint which was just ridiculous.

Pep Guardiola: "Yesterday, we had a lovely chat all together: #ManCity players, staff, Khaldoon. Sheikh Mansour sent his congratulations." [via
@_joebray

Pep Guardiola on the #PL title party:"We drink a bit, dance, hug, at 11:30 pizzas arrived and that was the best moment of the night. In England, the parties are just alcohol, not food, I don't know why. So when the pizza arrived was the best moment."

Pep Guardiola: "What we have done so far is win a lot. If you start to lose you start to doubt The best way is to win games. Personally, it's a special gratitude to Txiki, Ferran, without them and especially Khaldoon it would be difficult

I know you are joking but no. He will not go there. The only chance of that is with a new owner and complete change of how they are run and that will take time.

I absolutely believe that he wouldn't manage that lot in exactly the same way as he wouldn't manage Real Madrid.

It always winds me up when I see supporters making claims about how he doesn't get it if we lose to The Rags; of course he does. I'm sure he'd see going there a betrayal of the supporters but, perhaps even more so, Khaldoon, Txiki, etc.

We've had the stories this week about how KAM got him to extend his contract but I also saw one claim he won't go to PSG because that would be seen as treacherous by Mansour.

Pep is a Catalan born and bred so his allegiance to Barca will never wane (and nor should it) but I think he has a special relationship with City now that won't go away. Our club gets into people's blood. I'd love to see our support make Pep feel more special to us than I think they have managed to date.

He of course wont stay here forever sadly. Part of me thinks if we win the CL he will do another year and try to round it off with a final prem title. On the other hand as others has said what else is out there. I get the impression he loves the challenge of the prem. This league is where its at, realistically there are 4 or 5 teams that could challenge for it.

If notmaybe a national team job (but he is a workaholic, not sure it would satisfy him). Juventus? Shit league, back to Barca? They are a mess

He of course wont stay here forever sadly. Part of me thinks if we win the CL he will do another year and try to round it off with a final prem title. On the other hand as others has said what else is out there. I get the impression he loves the challenge of the prem. This league is where its at, realistically there are 4 or 5 teams that could challenge for it.

If notmaybe a national team job (but he is a workaholic, not sure it would satisfy him). Juventus? Shit league, back to Barca? They are a mess

I'm sure that he is on record as saying he won't go back to Barca to manage the first team but he might end his career there working with the kids and that he would like a crack at a national team job one day.

Juve will keep trying to entice him there and he played in Italy but whilst it would round his CV out with having worked in the top four leagues, would he really want to go there after the Premier League?

So long as the players are responding to him and his family life works, I think he is best served by building his legacy at City and in English football. It's his life though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.