Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was a real good gesture to play Carson tonight. Even though being a 3rd keeper at a club like City can be quite cushy living, it must also be rather demoralising to never actually see the pitch.

And respect to Aké and Walker for giving him stuff to do. If Dias was playing then Carson would have subbed himself off out of boredom.

Fielding a player who doesn't want to be at the club (and is a horribly bad one to boot) in a match Pep obviously didn't care about the result, that is taking the piss and he really should be above that. This is when you play youths who would die for a chance to show their stuff. Enough with the Barca/Spanish favouritism already.

Don't really rate him. Me and Richard Keys on an island alone (and I stab him in his fucking sleep)

Pep needs to do something about this

Pep next time we play Tottenham:

giphy.gif

This is when you play youths who would die for a chance to show their stuff. Enough with the Barca/Spanish favouritism already.

Another armchair psychologist who thinks he knows why Pep does what he does and who is convinced he knows better than Pep what is good for the club.

Another armchair psychologist who thinks he knows why Pep does what he does and who is convinced he knows better than Pep what is good for the club.
Spot on, that's me - and about any other footie fan that gets emotionally engaged by the whole thing. You I bet have a far more elevated connection. ;-)

Spot on, that's me - and about any other footie fan that gets emotionally engaged by the whole thing. You I bet have a far more elevated connection.

I guess your thought process was roughly like this: why on earth would Pep play that plonker Garcia, given he is leaving anyway, doesn't make any sense, must be the Barca/Spain connection!

But there is another explanation: we stopped Garcia from moving to Barca and hardly played him all season, Pep rates him highly, Spain's manager as well (because he is a very intelligent player), and Pep decided that it would be fair to give Garcia a rare start, given that Garcia gained nothing for his development as a player by sitting on the bench virtually the whole season.

Think any City fan must already know that Pep wants to be fair to the players. That's why he played Carson and Garcia. For Pep, being fair is utterly important. He will give chances to the talents in the academy as well. In the first months of the campaign Pep played 8 (!) players who at the time were U20, and gave starts to THB, Bernabe, Doyle, Palmer, Delap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.