Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the mark of the man that he makes a decision in the best interests of the club but feels so sad and emotional about doing it because he clearly loves Sergio.

I watched his presser for the final and he looks confident and ready.
My reading of it too. He is a human being and he knows how heartbroken Sergio, Joe Hart, Silva etc were when he told them their time was up. It must be the hardest part of his job and to see his emotion there made me think even more of him.

He made those tough decisions for the club and they were the right ones.

The day he calls it a day will leave a far greater hole in the club than any of the brilliant players we've lost over the last few years.
Dreading it tbh. We will still be amongst the best no doubt but I dont think anybody out there is good enough to create the legacy he has.
Enjoy every second we have left with him, all good things must come to an end.

I don't believe we will ever see a better manager at City but the only team(s) in the future that will have a better one will have to employ Pep after he leaves us and I hope he won't go to another club, or go anywhere any time soon.

My reading of it too. He is a human being and he knows how heartbroken Sergio, Joe Hart, Silva etc were when he told them their time was up. It must be the hardest part of his job and to see his emotion there made me think even more of him.

He's all too human, which is why he can get it wrong sometimes but boy does he get it right an awful lot of the time.

Cruyff is a lie.

He won 3 of that 4 leagues at last minute vs worse Real Madrid ever. A Champions vs an very inferior team like Sampdoria 0-0 at minute 90. The 4-0 vs Milan in Champions league final was most embarrassing coach performance ever.

He destroyed the team buying very bad players (Korneiev, Iván Iglesias, Eskurza, Escaich, Estebaranz... players without level).

He won with players chosen by Javier Clemente (Koeman, Laudrup, Stoichkov, Bakero, Txiqui...), when he chose players he did that: Wistchge, Eskurza, Korneiev and all that players without level for a big team.

He won narrow with the best team in that moment, and he made a fool of himself when he had to make decisions.

Compare Cruyff with Guardiola is a crime. Pep is 1.000 times better.
Sober up Pep, we have a big game on Saturday. It's not all about you, remember your image of humility, now get back to following Johan's philosophy, you are at City now, reciting ex Barca players' names will only draw negative attention, and you wouldn't want that would you.

It’s one a Peps best attributes. When the time has come for a legend to be moved on, he makes the right call every time. Did it at Barca and he’s done it here, with great effect so far.

Sober up Pep, we have a big game on Saturday. It's not all about you, remember your image of humility, now get back to following Johan's philosophy, you are at City now, reciting ex Barca players' names will only draw negative attention, and you wouldn't want that would you.

I'm sorry. Its just I need to fight vs Cruyff myth.

And I dont think Barça is an annoying word here. I guess is ok.

I never will talk about r_d d_v_ _s.

It is the mark of the man that he makes a decision in the best interests of the club but feels so sad and emotional about doing it because he clearly loves Sergio.

I watched his presser for the final and he looks confident and ready.
I think so too. I think he knows what to do with Chelsea.

Regarding the best interest of the club, there are two sides to that coin. I am sure there were terms upon which Sergio could stay, however Sergio did not find them amenable. It is what it is. He still thinks he has the wherewithal to play at a top level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.