Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion yes, but that is not saying Garcia is brilliant.

Notwithstanding his lack of availability, Stones imo is a poor defender. Yes, he is comfortable on the ball, but has this tendency to always back off until it is too late.

I suspect Pep is only selecting Garcia out of necessity.
its all about opinions,but I don’t agree.

Not true. Last season David Silva said it was his last season before a ball was kicked, it was, he was selected when fit not punished. Right now, Sergio's contract is up in 2021, he has said on numerous occasions he would like to return to his boyhood club in Argentina, at the end of his contract, not a word of discontent from club or fans, still picked when fit. I don't know if Dave was offered an extension and the club have in recent years stated that Sergio could leave at his chosen time but there is no mention of him being offered an extension at the moment. Now for the deluge of indignation at referring to Legends not extending their contracts, and how they deserved to do what they liked. But Garcia is a 19 year old, and worse, he came from Barcelona, so he can be treated like shit because he also stated he will not sign an extension. Different standards for different players, the worst thing a team sport can have, but some fans demand, because they are offended, that a player signs a contract, fulfills it's terms and states that he will leave at the end of the contract. Is he refusing to train (like Sancho allegedly), is he refusing to honour the remainder of his contract, is he having secret encounters in hotel rooms , disrupting training sessions, being as abusive about some fans as they are about him. If the club don't think so and they are content with the situation then imho he is a City player to be supported until he leaves, without prejudice,bias or rabid inter club tribalism. City first to me does not involve posting hateful comments about City players (not referring to your post)past or still present.
I mean I get your point but are you seriously comparing a legend leaving to Garcia? Yes, there are different standards for different players. Of course people will be happy to let Vinny, David or Sergio leave because of what they have done for the club in the past. They worked their bollocks off for us and in return we let them decide when they want to leave. Garcia was nothing then he got given a run of a few games and all of a sudden he hears Barca are interested and just like that he fucks us off. I’m aware players will never truly be loyal but he got given a run of games for us and now turns his back. Barca wouldn’t have remembered who he was if we didn’t give him them games

I think Pep is ready to go,once Mrs pep left with his family i think he had already made up his mind that this was his last season He wants to go back to Barca and take up the reins there ,hence he was alleged to have told Messi to stay there and he persists with Garcia because he will mould him in spain and the lad gets all his experience at our expence and he certainly doesnt look as though he is enjoying his time here,its very sad but i think he has run his course with us and wants out, He was and is the greatest manager we have ever had but all good things come to an end and MCFC will continue
How many more times , his wife and family did not leave him

Parts of last season can’t be ignored. We are not clinical enough. This year fair enough maybe I was a bit harsh.The injuries have impacted us. The build up play and lack of creativity is non existent at present. 102 is a fine return but what did we win? League cup. The goals don’t matter if we don’t get 3 points. We came up short far too many times last year and this year well the problems in the team currently are obvious.
Have you heard Pep's comments when we go from scoring 4/5/6 in one game to missing 4/5/6 the next game or scoring 3 from 5 chances to 1 from 20. You should listen to how frustrated he is when this happens. But be realistic, if any manager had the answer to why this happens then every other manager might as well retire, it is one of the great wonders of an organic game where there is no predetermined result (betting coups excepted). I agree you were a bit, maybe more, harsh this year, Silva is a huge creative loss, Foden at 20 is not an exact replacement for a peak years Silva but he is on the way up, Bernardo hopefully will get back to his best. Winning the League Cup is something no other club achieved last season, it looks better in that context, we would have loved more but are not entitled to more as some believe.

I mean I get your point but are you seriously comparing a legend leaving to Garcia? Yes, there are different standards for different players. Of course people will be happy to let Vinny, David or Sergio leave because of what they have done for the club in the past. They worked their bollocks off for us and in return we let them decide when they want to leave. Garcia was nothing then he got given a run of a few games and all of a sudden he hears Barca are interested and just like that he fucks us off. I’m aware players will never truly be loyal but he got given a run of games for us and now turns his back. Barca wouldn’t have remembered who he was if we didn’t give him them games
No, I am sorry but you do not get my point. I am saying that all contracts between a player and City have a specific end date, that both parties agree to. I am delighted how our legends were/are treated well by the club at the end of their contracts. I am delighted that Tosin was sold for only £2 million because I believe that the club made it easy for him to further his career at a high level, at a decent club, because they do not see an immediate place for him at City, it is not the first time they have let young players leave without putting big price tags on them.
"Garcia was nothing then he got given a run of a few games and all of a sudden he hears Barca are interested and just like that he fucks us off. I’m aware players will never truly be loyal but he got given a run of games for us and now turns his back. Barca wouldn’t have remembered who he was if we didn’t give him them games" This part is speculative opinion not based on any known facts, unless you are Garcia or City's contract negotiator, and is a reflection on those who push this narrative without any knowledge whatsoever of the interaction between City and Garcia. You are implying that City bought a player who was in your words "nothing" and subsequently selected him to play for City regardless of whether the management team thought he was the best option for a particular game, rightly or wrongly. So you know better than anyone at City who should be selected or not selected and why, that is what you are implying. I am saying clearly that all players who are complying with the terms of their contract with City are treated the same by City, in contractual terms and are not discriminated against because they state they will leave at the end of their contract. How difficult is that to understand. You and I may have opinions on what basis any player should be selected for a game, the club or an employee/s decide who plays whether they are legends or kids.

Not true. Last season David Silva said it was his last season before a ball was kicked, it was, he was selected when fit not punished. Right now, Sergio's contract is up in 2021, he has said on numerous occasions he would like to return to his boyhood club in Argentina, at the end of his contract, not a word of discontent from club or fans, still picked when fit. I don't know if Dave was offered an extension and the club have in recent years stated that Sergio could leave at his chosen time but there is no mention of him being offered an extension at the moment. Now for the deluge of indignation at referring to Legends not extending their contracts, and how they deserved to do what they liked. But Garcia is a 19 year old, and worse, he came from Barcelona, so he can be treated like shit because he also stated he will not sign an extension. Different standards for different players, the worst thing a team sport can have, but some fans demand, because they are offended, that a player signs a contract, fulfills it's terms and states that he will leave at the end of the contract. Is he refusing to train (like Sancho allegedly), is he refusing to honour the remainder of his contract, is he having secret encounters in hotel rooms , disrupting training sessions, being as abusive about some fans as they are about him. If the club don't think so and they are content with the situation then imho he is a City player to be supported until he leaves, without prejudice,bias or rabid inter club tribalism. City first to me does not involve posting hateful comments about City players (not referring to your post)past or still present.
You lost me when you compared Sergio and Silva to Garcia. Totally different situations. Both Players have shown loyalty and performed at an exceptional level. Win win for the players and the club.

Garcia has shown neither with his underhand tactics re a contract nor his ability on the pitch. His attitude and mentality should be questioned.

Garcia needs called out and fucked off. City will not benefit financially due to his actions and we will not benefit on the pitch as he will be playing for Barca/Malaga depending on his development.

You lost me when you compared Sergio and Silva to Garcia. Totally different situations. Both Players have shown loyalty and performed at an exceptional level. Win win for the players and the club.

Garcia has shown neither with his underhand tactics re a contract nor his ability on the pitch. His attitude and mentality should be questioned.

Garcia needs called out and fucked off. City will not benefit financially due to his actions and we will not benefit on the pitch as he will be playing for Barca/Malaga depending on his development.
You lost me because I am posting about the concept of a legal fixed term contract and players' and clubs' legal compliance with those contracts and the fact that all players are equal from that stand point. The principle applies to all players, legends or youths. If you cannot understand that, maybe I could have explained it better or maybe not.
City and Garcia are currently operating under the terms of their contract. City currently do not agree with the opinions and narrative you and others have posted so I assume they are not concerned about his loyalty, attitude, ability or mentality as he is still a City player. Fine by me, I support City not innuendo and conspiracy theories or anti player agendas which your comments below are.
"Garcia has shown neither with his underhand tactics re a contract nor his ability on the pitch. His attitude and mentality should be questioned. "Garcia needs called out and fucked off. City will not benefit financially due to his actions and we will not benefit on the pitch as he will be playing for Barca/Malaga depending on his development."

You lost me because I am posting about the concept of a legal fixed term contract and players' and clubs' legal compliance with those contracts and the fact that all players are equal from that stand point. The principle applies to all players, legends or youths. If you cannot understand that, maybe I could have explained it better or maybe not.
City and Garcia are currently operating under the terms of their contract. City currently do not agree with the opinions and narrative you and others have posted so I assume they are not concerned about his loyalty, attitude, ability or mentality as he is still a City player. Fine by me, I support City not innuendo and conspiracy theories or anti player agendas which your comments below are.
"Garcia has shown neither with his underhand tactics re a contract nor his ability on the pitch. His attitude and mentality should be questioned. "Garcia needs called out and fucked off. City will not benefit financially due to his actions and we will not benefit on the pitch as he will be playing for Barca/Malaga depending on his development."
Contracts in football are flimsy at best.

No agendas here bud, Garcia was offered the chance to learn his trade at our world class academy, trained by Pep and given a chance to perform at a high level. He should of signed an extension so city can recoup a decent fee. If you can’t see that he has actively collided with Barca to screw us out of a fee then I can’t help you.

Just because he pulls on the shirt does not mean that his actions off the field is above criticism.

I think this may the issue. Some fans seem to think that players 'owe' the club a fee at the end of their contract. They don't.

Contracts in football are flimsy at best.

No agendas here bud, Garcia was offered the chance to learn his trade at our world class academy, trained by Pep and given a chance to perform at a high level. He should of signed an extension so city can recoup a decent fee. If you can’t see that he has actively collided with Barca to screw us out of a fee then I can’t help you.

Just because he pulls on the shirt does not mean that his actions off the field is above criticism.
You could help by posting a link to where City have stated that he "colluded" with Barca and his actions off the field have been criticised by City and why City continue to employ him despite all the alleged wrongs he has committed. Unless you have real evidence otherwise, City seem content with things as they stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.