Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what your saying but realistically, what difference would anyone other than Foden made yesterday?
I think he should have put Foden on but something was mentioned in the Why Always Us podcast today, did Pep want to put on Foden and then he saw Klopp change something and decide it was no longer the best move?
Very easy to sit here and think he should have gone for it and thrown on Foden but it seemed Pep was more worried about losing than winning, argue that either way....

If we can push through the 5 subs thing and in January we are looking at the bench and have any of Bernardo, Mahrez, Torres, Aguero, Jesus and so forth there then perhaps he will use them.

Could we have had Cole Palmer isntead of Garcia yesterday, probably, but is he also wary of letting them players play in their own leagues and go with what he is being told on their physical condition etc?

How about Foden for KDB, Jesus for Sterling, Delap for Jesus ?

Would Liverpool be more happy or less happy, with ten minutes of that, at the end ?

How about 5 minutes of Jayden Braaf at the end ? More or less happy ?

Tommy Doyle for Gundogan ? Cole Palmer for Torres ?

What role do you think he envisaged, pre match, for Eric Garcia ?

City have been half-baked in this opening part of the seasons. We didn't have a pre-season, we then were faced with 2 games a week from Day 1 and lost Aguero and Jesus at the same time.

I think now that the CL qualification is all but secured and Jesus is back, City will start to look sharper. I would like to see Foden start in central midfield though. I'd also rest KDB. He's no good to anyone at 3/4 pace.

Lol he's hardly proven is he?

Some people really don't have a clue.

How many young strikers, even some of whom ended up in div 3, have you seen come off the bench & win or square a game exactly like that one ?

In fact, a club not far from here, has even done it v Liverpool.

Liverpool themselves once had a lad called David Fairclough..

Where they came from is irrelevant to what makes for a good transfer...scouting and suitability for a system is. Rodri played at atletico in a system that defends first and foremost.

Kompany is our best ever signing(when you factor in price paid especially) and had been nowhere near a "top club" beforehand.
Not strictly true......Kompany was the most sought after teenager in European football,every top club including the Rags were all over him.Unfortunately the injuries started racking up and his stock began to fall and the interest wane.Hamburg then took a chance on him to replace DVB,where he suffered an achilles injury.We obviously got a bargain because of such.

Lol he's hardly proven is he?

If Ederson, Steffen and Carson are injured, you don't ignore the academy, put Walker in net every match, struggle through the games and say "oh well, we didn't have a fit goalkeeper."

"Proven" is effectively quality + time so it's hard to prove yourself when your manager would rather name three centrebacks on the bench than give you the chance of minutes.

How about Foden for KDB, Jesus for Sterling, Delap for Jesus ?

Would Liverpool be more happy or less happy, with ten minutes of that, at the end ?

How about 5 minutes of Jayden Braaf at the end ? More or less happy ?

Tommy Doyle for Gundogan ? Cole Palmer for Torres ?

What role do you think he envisaged, pre match, for Eric Garcia ?
I think he should have made changes, 100%. But we had Foden on the bench, thats it. That being said he still should have made it.

The argument of having Delap, Palmer and Doyle is different. As I said, they played the day before didnt they and I don't think Pep would have even considered pulling them so they couldn't play just to sit on the bench.

Garcia, Ake, Stones and Zinchenko on the bench is awful, I agree. No options there at all but we all know enough about Pep for him to sometimes draw the line with the 11 he starts and if thats not enough its not enough. Pep would never throw on Foden, Delap and Braaf against Liverpool whilst the game is 1-1, just isn't his game unfortunately.

I think he should have made changes, 100%. But we had Foden on the bench, thats it. That being said he still should have made it.

The argument of having Delap, Palmer and Doyle is different. As I said, they played the day before didnt they and I don't think Pep would have even considered pulling them so they couldn't play just to sit on the bench.

Garcia, Ake, Stones and Zinchenko on the bench is awful, I agree. No options there at all but we all know enough about Pep for him to sometimes draw the line with the 11 he starts and if thats not enough its not enough. Pep would never throw on Foden, Delap and Braaf against Liverpool whilst the game is 1-1, just isn't his game unfortunately.

We had the Youth Cup final last week. No other Academy games matter, at this stage, they exist only to help the first team.

The players were there but Pep chose a plan of defenders instead.

I think Pep is the greatest manager ever & we cannot improve on him, but he's shown over the past year that he's just as weird & shit as Mourinho & Pellegrini etc when out of his comfort zone imo.

Pep has traditionally been someone who finds a new answer. Four defenders & no forwards on the bench, is not that answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.