Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had the Youth Cup final last week. No other Academy games matter, at this stage, they exist only to help the first team.

The players were there but Pep chose a plan of defenders instead.

I think Pep is the greatest manager ever & we cannot improve on him, but he's shown over the past year that he's just as weird & shit as Mourinho & Pellegrini etc when out of his comfort zone imo.

Pep has traditionally been someone who finds a new answer. Four defenders & no forwards on the bench, is not that answer.
My thinking exactly.

He isn't currently best using the tools at his disposal.

My thinking exactly.

He isn't currently best using the tools at his disposal.

Well at least he hasn't 'tried' to, so far.

It could be that these suggestions don't work out any better. But option one being Eric Garcia, in all circumstances, just can't be excused, whatever reasoning he comes up with.

Not strictly true......Kompany was the most sought after teenager in European football,every top club including the Rags were all over him.Unfortunately the injuries started racking up and his stock began to fall and the interest wane.Hamburg then took a chance on him to replace DVB,where he suffered an achilles injury.We obviously got a bargain because of such.
This info just verifies what i was saying about Kompany never being at a top club prior to signing (for a laughable fee). Wanted perhaps but never made the move before us.

Well at least he hasn't 'tried' to, so far.

It could be that these suggestions don't work out any better. But option one being Eric Garcia, in all circumstances, just can't be excused, whatever reasoning he comes up with.
Indeed,they might not work,but i don't think anyone,other than the ultra critical nut jobs,would blame him for trying,especially where the kids are concerned.

He has gone predictable and stagnant as it stands,and that is playing into the oppositions hands as well as producing turgid football.

This info just verifies what i was saying about Kompany never being at a top club prior to signing (for a laughable fee). Wanted perhaps but never made the move before us.
I was just replying to the 'nowhere near' aspect,my point being he came very close and he wasn't just plucked from obscurity.

Our transfer policy has been good, in fact very good. Rodri played for Atletico Madrid, not a championship team. Cancelo played for Juventus. Ruben Dias from a Portuguese top club. Mahrez was PL player of the season with plenty of goals and assists. Ake was the best player of Bournemouth. Ferran Torres is an exciting young two-footed player who has an eye for goal.
Next year we will buy a striker in place for Aguero. No manager is supported as much as it is at City. Chelsea had one good window in like 5 years, same for Liverpool when they bought VVD, Allison, Kieta, Fabinho all in the same year.
It has not been good when inferior ones replaced better ones. also the club they come from does not matter. all about talent and suitability for system

We have been treating him like he is bigger than the club. There is life without him and the decision to hand him the contract was without merit. He has not earned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.