Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight he should of walked after Lyon in chumps league.

Someone needs to tell him football evolves, so you change tactics to keep rivals guessing.

Football is all about pace n power these days and not possession. IMO
You are right about the need to evolve. Pep’s mantra is keep the ball, keep the ball, but teams have sussed it out and are happy for us to keep the ball. They sit deep and we keep the ball in front of them, harmlessly. We then get done on the break and that’s it. Pep has to adapt, you cannot be a one trick pony when everybody else knows your tactics inside out. I sometimes wonder if Pep thinks you get the points for winning the possession stats, not the goals scored. I still think he can meet the challenge, but I’m not as sure as I once was.

I think it is time to move into a back 3. Or preferably in January after we've secured an attacking Left back. The best we and money can find.

Once we do that, then we switch to a back 3. Laporte left, Dias in the middle and Walker on the right. Then I wasn't Cancelo at wingback on the right and the flying left wing back on the left.

In the middle Kevin, Rodri/Gundogan, Bernardo//Foden.

Up front Jesus/Aguero and Sterling/Torres

Mahrez should be only for when we switch formation.

This whole change is required to allow our best players do what they are best at. Specifically, I want Walker primarily defending. I don't want him on the ball passing or leading an attack or being the one who has to be creative. That's all unfortunate. I want h outrunning and bullying attackers.

Anyway, rant over.
We discussed this a little while ago.Our players lend themselves best to this formation,it far better utilises our skill set and allows square pegs to occupy square holes.

Given what we are watching at the minute.....we have nothing to lose by trying this system.

Don't know what he's done in the past 18 months to warrant a new contract but he needs to buck up or fuck off. If this was anybody else like Pellegrini, Mancini etc. he'd be long gone!

500M into the Defence and y‘all still think it‘s the Players fault. Fernandinho was just irreplaceable. Liverpool kept the same starting 11 or at least kept the same „wingers“ and put them into new heights while Mr.Stubborn sold the one that turned up in every big game. Our counter attacks are literally like Barcelona now. We have the chance to counter but then we wait until Tottenham‘s 10 are back n their half.

Funny thing is that if our fullbacks can‘t provide pace we literally have zero pace upfront. Sterling doesn‘t know how to use it since he can‘t even win 1-1s, Mahrez was never the fastest - Bernardo either. Torres the only hope to have a fast player who can win 1-1s and even I don‘t see his strength in there. In the era of power/pace Pep went with the opposite „only“ to have technical players.

yes we had very good years especially the 100 and 98 point season but there‘s a reason Liverpool and Bayern won the last UCL‘s. Because they have pace, power and stamina.

For me - he lost it after he Lyon game. You could tell how players were mad at him especially KDB.
Can‘t wait to get called a a rag again.

Challenging times ahead for Pep. The thing is he has already signed an extension with city. Everyone is carefully watching him..
He has to fix us and he has got nowhere to go!

Pep's a stubborn fxxker, just won't admit it, he knows he will have to do it eventually. He has flirted with it but not fully committed.

Pep it's the grey cardigan, not navy GREY.

Get down the shop's and get the grey cardigan you know it is your lucky one.

I don't think 2 years is long enough to put this right. He's losing the plot imo. Smirking when his team is losing will not endear him to the fans. Not seeing what's bleedin obvious.I do actually worry if he is 100% OK in the head. Most genius's are a bit cracked but he is becoming increasingly erratic and obstinate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.