Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a systemic issue. It’s needs a drastc change. give 3-5-2 a go. two up top with cancelo on the right wb. Drop walker in to a 3 man defence. We are so wide open when the full backs push so far forward but are hampered because our wingers are so wide. We have no space for them.

We have a systemic issue. It’s needs a drastc change. give 3-5-2 a go. two up top with cancelo on the right wb. Drop walker in to a 3 man defence. We are so wide open when the full backs push so far forward but are hampered because our wingers are so wide. We have no space for them.
Might happen for 1 or 2 games now that Mendy is taking a short break from being a injured waste of a wage

Manchester City play almost perfect football until the last third. The players are set up in a number of favorable situations. Many 1 vs. 1 situations. However, you are not very effective here. I think you lack some quality here. Sterling is the only one who has an x factor, but he is also very variable in performance.

In addition, you have a goalkeeper, who occasionally gets a brain haemorrhage. In a match that you have full control, and against a Mourinho team that parks the bus and the strategy is counterattacks, it is a very bad starting point to almost start the match with a goalkeeper mistake. KDB is also far from top form. I must also say that I miss David Silva, and his player intelligence.

Genuinely couldn't understand all the celebration over his new contract. He's had two magnificent seasons, two mediocre seasons and this one so far is looking potentially the worst one yet. Any other manager at a club like ours with the money spent would be getting questioned with a record like that.

This is why he doesn't stay long at clubs, because once his style gets sussed out he runs out of ideas. Will be gone next summer I think.

Game might have passed him by.

The players individually are better than the results and very average performances so far this year but we certainly have regressed and quite sharply so I suspect many of our current squad just don't click under Pep.

Looks like our worst season since the Mark Hughes day is upon us with our results quite likely worse than MP's last season and Pep's first.

After the Lyon debacle it was time to part ways. This season reminds me of the pathetic displays in Pellegrini’s final season and I would take 4th now.

If he can't fashion a few goals with the talent at his disposal then some serious questions need to be asked.
A pitiful return from this squad. How many times is this high line going to crucify us?
Supposed inferior managers keep turning him over. At this Moment in time he is lost and too stubborn to change.
10 goals in 8 games is a pitiful return, in fact it's an embarrassing one.

After excitement over contract extension comes big disappointment. Why? Not because of this game. It is about not seeing the improvement or Pep changes something.
Is it juste me having this feeling he makes recruiting for Spanish national team. We lost a lot developing Rodri, now he is doing the same with Garcia and Ferran. Hope we get the best from them but Ferran didn’t deserved new start after Liverpool’s game.
Hope we change the whole system. It makes no fun watching these games where everyone except Pep sees that we have a problem.
So disappointing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.