Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 5th choice (Dias, Stones, Laporte, Ake) and he'll be probably be starting in the Barca side next season.

He'd be an absolute fool not to go there.

True , Barca are not the team they were , dont think its anything to do with money , he wants to go home and he has a far better chance of game time at a declining Barca.

True , Barca are not the team they were , dont think its anything to do with money , he wants to go home and he has a far better chance of game time at a declining Barca.
The move is perfect for him.....and us. He is a decent player who has a real chance of forging a good career in La Liga. I don’t think he ever looks top-class in the Prem.

Brilliant manager but cannot understand his perseverance with Garcia
Ake injured, Stones needing a rest, no Walker to play as a CB unlike the last round... Only other option would've been to play Ferna there, but then that would have left nobody available to play DM.

Use him to give the important players a rest, I don't really think it's that big of a deal tbh

Took a chance......but credit for trying a few kids while resting a few key players and no new injuries.......I'd say it was a decent gamble and outcome.

Not many options. Stones and Dias needed a break. Ake and Walker also out. I don't know who else he could have played.

Ake injured, Stones needing a rest, no Walker to play as a CB unlike the last round... Only other option would've been to play Ferna there, but then that would have left nobody available to play DM.

Use him to give the important players a rest, I don't really think it's that big of a deal tbh
Play harwood bellis there with Laporte and put cancelo in at full back

Play harwood bellis there with Laporte and put cancelo in at full back
1. I feel that Cancelo could have used a break also. Since Walker is injured he may need to play more. Also may be a need for him to play midfield for KDB if necessary.
2. Pep will usually play the CB with good ball skill in the middle of a back 3. I don't think he'd trust THB on the ball. Just like Walker, THB needs to play on the right. Don't want them getting caught on the ball in the middle of the park.

Last edited:
We play a team of giants- let's give Garcia a run out. Plonker.
He had a midget to mark all game, THB Laporte Ferni and the keeper are perfectly capable of handling a couple of players on set pieces....one of their main threats in the air had to take the throws !

Considering our packed schedule in the League, I had no complaints about the starting 11. I would like to have seen Palmer given an opportunity but I am not sure he is fit yet bearing in mind he has had Covid.

Pep has them playing like a mixture of Bobby Manc's and Pellegrini's styles. The defense is impenetrable the attacking talent is deep and is rounding into form. Their defense cost them at least a CL final last year and Pep did exactly what the best manager in the world should do. He revamped the defense and made it the best in the league. He also realized that Rodri is not Dinho so he had to come up with a way to play w/ 2 holding midfielders with one having the freedom to go forward when needed.

So we started with new CB pairings, new CM formation and injuries to both strikers and have gelled into the hottest team in England for sure and possibly also in Europe. I can't wait for Aguero to get his shooting boots on to complete the Death Star. This seems like the year we start christening new legends.

Here are three that who I think we'll be calling legends in the next couple years:
Cancelo
Torres
Stones

They'll still have KDB an by the end of this year Foden will be well on his way. Either way the statue makers better be talking to these guys and watching them for when they have to capture their souls.

Also, my edible kicked in right around the time I mentioned the Death Star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.