Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League Manager of the Season was well deserved. But what a colossal fuck up the champions League turned out to be.
A colossal fuck-up would be going out in the group stages.

Losing the final because of a bad selection is blotch on the copy book, no doubt, but we did actually make the final, you know?

A colossal fuck-up would be going out in the group stages.

Losing the final because of a bad selection is blotch on the copy book, no doubt, but we did actually make the final, you know?
Might as well not have bothered.Never showed up at all, wouldnt have scored if we were there yet. I don't think anyone could have got less out of the team. Once the team was picked we had no chance.
A collosal fuckup.

Might as well not have bothered.Never showed up at all, wouldnt have scored if we were there yet. I don't think anyone could have got less out of the team. Once the team was picked we had no chance.
A collosal fuckup.

I think this is the straw that broke the camels back, with regards to certain players wanting to leave.

Will be an interesting transfer market for Pep.

It feels like this season we had to be better defensively to make up for our lack of fire power up front, Pep was constantly tweaking our playstyle this season.

Does he have a clear way to play in mind next season? Is he going to try and replicate past seasons success (fast wide classical wingers) in a 433, or does he continue with this 442 where the wingers have more freedom?

The potential signing of Jack Grealish for the LW, and continued presence of Mahrez on RW might make it seem like the latter is more likely.

-----------------Foden------KdB
Grealish-----Gundogan-----Rodri------Mahrez
--------------Back---------------Four----------

Although it's also possible to play Foden LW, Sterling RW, and a midfield 3 (including false 9) of Grealish, Mahrez and KdB, and try to replicate the former system. This perhaps brings Sterling back to RW, seems people prefer him there (or Cancelo).

Foden----------------Grealish (false 9)-------------Sterling/Cancelo
------------KdB---------------------Mahrez
--------------------Rodri/Gundogan
--------------Back---------------Four----------

I think personally I'd like to see the latter system come back as I think Sterling RW is when we saw the best of him, and I think Grealish, Mahrez and KdB playing centrally would be unstoppable.

Now if we get a true striker in Haaland then this becomes complicated in trying to play all of them, but perhaps a 343 diamond should be unleashed in that case:

Foden----------------Haaland----------------Sterling/Cancelo
------------KdB-------Grealish------Mahrez
----------------------Rodri/Gundogan
-----Laporte----------Dias-------------Stones

Foden and Sterling are "kind of" like wingbacks here, but since we attack so often and use our wingers high and wide anyways, I think it's okay. This perhaps looks weak defensively, but I say if we have the fire power up front, then I prefer this approach.

I think this last approach would create the most "exciting" City attack we have ever seen... might leak a few goals though.

Last edited:

This one's on Pep, again, like it is every single year in the champions league when he drops a colossal bollock; a completely fucking nonsensical fuck up that gets us knocked out. Every year.

Still, onwards and upwards for the league and domestic cups, hopefully

Well then…
Many City fans called this!

This one's on Pep, again, like it is every single year in the champions league when he drops a colossal bollock; a completely fucking nonsensical fuck up that gets us knocked out. Every year.

Still, onwards and upwards for the league and domestic cups, hopefully

Yep, I'm still pissed off about it too. Love him but FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.