Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think our owners are happy that we cant win the top prize,even though they invested into our club with the ambition of making us the biggest and best on the planet?

Lol,you're only kidding yourself and the clappers.

They approached Pep to start coaching here in 2012.

I refuse to believe that Khaldoon and Mansour sat in a room and said to Guardiola "We want you to win the CL for us".

Now, would they have hoped for the CL as part of dominating English and European football for 5+ years? Sure, I can believe that, but that's not what you're trying to argue.

They approached Pep to start coaching here in 2012.

I refuse to believe that Khaldoon and Mansour sat in a room and said to Guardiola "We want you to win the CL for us".

I believe thats exactly what they said,not immediately,not by any stretch....but definitely it was the mission.

How could it not be?

Pep was crying out for a goalscorer in the summer. He thought he'd have Kane and then Ronaldo and ended up with nobody.

This has been the main reason for our shortcomings this season not some lack of mentality or Peps tactics.

It's no wonder we don't appear to put much of a fight when we go behind, it takes us about 10 chances to score. If Haaland was in that game last night we'd be relentlessly trying to get crosses and passes into him after we fell behind. Instead we have to try and create the perfect goal where we can try and tap it in.

I believe thats exactly what they said,not immediately,not by any stretch....but definitely it was the mission.

How could it not be?

Why would people who build empires and think long term ask for 1 trophy? We've had 15 years experience with this ownership and they've never acted like that.

I sincerely hope nobody is putting last night’s result on Pep. It’s was almost universally agreed before the game that the starting eleven was the best we could have put out. The team was clearly well prepared (they always are) and even though we didn’t play great, for 90 minutes we did exactly what we had to do. Nobody is to blame for the two goals Real scored in a minute. Some people say Ederson could have done better for the first but I don’t agree. For the second there was a really lucky deflection off the head of one Real player on to the head of another.

I am still gutted but as Pep says “that’s football”.

S..t happens. Now we have to move on. Four more wins and we win the league again. Who knows, maybe Chelsea and Real can still burst the Dipper’s bubble.

Meanwhile Pep is still one of the best, if not the best, coach in world football and we are blessed to have him here.
Nothing wrong with the starting eleven , it was four subs when we only ne eded one , the starting boys had it in hand , the subs ruined the balance and rythmn , pep couldnt resist tinkering and it upset the dynamic

Why would people who build empires and think long term ask for 1 trophy? We've had 15 years experience with this ownership and they've never acted like that.
1 trophy? i never suggested that.

These people are ruthless,they will stop at nothing to be the best,and the CL is very much the representation of that.Domestic dominance will have been a given.

Can agree with that idea he is great for leagues, when majority of clubs have lot lesser squad, less able to punish us mistakes, more games overall, less role of luck, where squad strength is a major factor. but still produces great style, very attacking football, good on the eye, dominant team and winning titles at a good rate.

I do think KDB will join David Silva, Kompany, Aguero who were never able to lift the CL, and that is sad because the era we have here over last 10 years is fantastic, we may not gonna have many decades like this in the future who knows, and we should have arrived imo and get it over the line but we never really deserved it when it mattered the most in the last games mostly due to mental issues, and pressure getting to us and us messing up basic things.

Pep was crying out for a goalscorer in the summer. He thought he'd have Kane and then Ronaldo and ended up with nobody.

This has been the main reason for our shortcomings this season not some lack of mentality or Peps tactics.

It's no wonder we don't appear to put much of a fight when we go behind, it takes us about 10 chances to score. If Haaland was in that game last night we'd be relentlessly trying to get crosses and passes into him after we fell behind. Instead we have to try and create the perfect goal where we can try and tap it in.
With about 12 minutes left of extra time last night we were playing square balls across our back four like we were three-one up rather than the other way round. Sometimes, our desire to score the is perfect goal is so frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.