Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am more worried about the fact that five of those capitulations have happened here at City. This is not good at all! We need to fix something(s) quickly!

I just saw this and it's a bit concerning. Shows that as good as Pep's teams are they are mentally fragile and collapse when things don't go to plan.

Sorry but that is nonsense. None of the substitutes had any influence on the Real goals. Walker was injured and obviously had to go off. KDB had been firing blanks all night and looked completely knackered. Mahrez was withdrawn with 5 minutes to go because Fernandinho offers more in defence. The only question mark is Grealish for Jesus. Maybe Jesus was injured. Whatever it was Grealish did ok when he came and could, arguably, have won the game for us.

I am used to people complaining when Pep doesn’t use subs. This might be the first time I heard someone complain he used too many.

exactly - folk were complaining that Pep didn’t close out the game last week by putting on some defenders. So he does that last night when we’re winning - & folk still complain. So many on here with hindsight!!!

I just saw this and it's a bit concerning. Shows that as good as Pep's teams are they are mentally fragile and collapse when things don't go to plan.

There is a bit of truth in this. Once we go behind, we don't seem to have the confidence that we can make a comeback. We have lost the art of throwing the kitchen sink.

I don’t think Pep helps himself sometimes when he says the likes of we’re still learning in Europe, lack of European pedigree etc. We’ve been in this competition for 10 years now and we’ve got plenty of experience of heartbreak and suffering. Something just seems off with us in Europe. As fans we aren’t exactly passionate about it. Real fans last night were going nuts and they were still in the bernabeu 45 minutes after the game celebrating. City fans would be playing last one to their car loses. Our whole mentality about winning the champions league needs to change, we’re favourites every year for a reason and that’s because we’ve got the best manager and team. To me that suggests that something isn’t right with our mindsets. Haaland signing will give the squad a new look at that will bring a whole new dimension to our game, maybe that’s what we need.

This guys is amazing. Believe me. You were better than us over both legs but we had the luck. That is football. See you next year in the final hopefully!
My thoughts exactly. Even before both games i knew what was going to happen. We have one player called Karim Benzema and without him we’re basically a mid table team and that’s being generous.

city fans, don’t be too hard on yourselves. You dominated both legs. Football is unfair and cruel. Quite frankly a new striker will do you wonders. That’s all the team needs. Been saying this since the beginning of the season.

I really don’t recall a game this season we should have lost or drawn or
out played. Every game we miss chance after chance that is the issue. With a striker we could of won every game this season.

fault is with board then players but asking players to be strikers when they are not gets them off the hook. Pep gets it right all the time.

Board need to get a new defender, midfielder & at least 2 strikers this summer otherwise we will be further behind Liverpool next season.
You say that and with the right striker we will hopefully score more chances and win more games. But teams with top strikers miss chances and don’t win games, we did with Aguero.
As for fall further behind liverpool we are ahead of them they have dropped more points than us with their strikers and they have missed chances and dropped points
Their shots , shots on target and goals scored is pretty much identical to ours.

Anybody doubting our manager can fuck right off

Why should people not be allowed to doubt him after his performances in the CL?

I agree that those calling for his head are talking shite but I’m also against people who believe he’s the second coming of Christ and can do nothing wrong.

His whole CL campaigns with us can be categorised by collapses and defeats by inferior opposition. I personally don’t think he will win the CL with us.

However, he is the best guy in the business at winning league titles and that’s the bread and butter for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.