Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like it - Bert Guardiola from Stockport.

That was always my understanding of the meaning of Bert. It was short for Bertie Blue and referred to blues from Stockport who followed City instead of County. Nowadays it seems to be used for any sort of wind-up, sarcasm, shit-housery etc. I blame David Mooney.

That was always my understanding of the meaning of Bert. It was short for Bertie Blue and referred to blues from Stockport who followed City instead of County. Nowadays it seems to be used for any sort of wind-up, sarcasm, shit-housery etc. I blame David Mooney.
The day before the CAS announcement two years ago there was someone on twitter (very likely Miguel Delaney) posing as a City fan who claimed he'd found out that CAS would be upholding the ban.

When challenged on his City credentials he described himself as a 'top Bert' which for me has been the only acceptable usage of Bert ever since.

So Pep is a top Bert.

I’m sure it’s been said on this thread but I can’t be arsed to look

It really feels like in the last 3 months he has “got” us at last

he’s gone full Bert finally

6fmirl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.