Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't agree more. Have always hated him talking about the history boys but he has really started firing shots in the past couple of weeks.

Shots that have hit the target big time and rattled people.

I find the pressure on City winning the CL to be similar to England in a major tournament. The best way for Pep to manage that, rather than talk up the history as he has done, is to completely dismiss it. To point out how hard it is. To say we might never win it and to take the shackles off.

If Pep talks us up the media have no choice but to do so as well. Even if it's whilst trying to talk us down. They've looked fucking idiotic in their attempts to deny his claim everyone loves Liverpool. They said it isn't true whilst slagging our owners and club off and saying why Liverpool therefore are better!
That passion is great to see, long may it continue. He has no reason to leave as long as his family are happy and I confident he will sign a contract extension.

Days like today are very frustrating. We'd probably be celebrating another cup win if Guardiola didn't handcuff himself by insisting on the smallest squad in the top 6, and simultaneously refuse to play the u23 players having a small squad is supposed to help.

I hope he's learned a lesson this season. You can't compete for 4 trophies with 15 outfield players. Trying to play with half a squad cost his old pal Bielsa his job as well.

Days like today are very frustrating. We'd probably be celebrating another cup win if Guardiola didn't handcuff himself by insisting on the smallest squad in the top 6, and simultaneously refuse to play the u23 players having a small squad is supposed to help.

I hope he's learned a lesson this season. You can't compete for 4 trophies with 15 outfield players. Trying to play with half a squad cost his old pal Bielsa his job as well.
When we win the league don't think too many people will be arsed.
Can understand if they win the Champions League though.

Yup, squad size has cost us this season. If we’d have gone through in FA Cup and CL i think we’d have found it tough to see the League out.

Would love to see some more youngsters next season. My only complaint, if you want to call it that, was a couple games where I felt Pep could have played some kids either from the start or once we were well up.

going to be a very, very sad day when this man leaves this club

Would love to see some more youngsters next season. My only complaint, if you want to call it that, was a couple games where I felt Pep could have played some kids either from the start or once we were well up.

going to be a very, very sad day when this man leaves this club

Said in the Liverpool thread you have to credit Klopp for managing the squad. Yes their CL draw was favourable but if we won 3-1 away at Benfica Pep wouldn't have made changes for the 2nd leg the way Klopp did to prepare for the FA Cup semi.

We made a fair few when 5-0 up against Sporting but should have been playing academy players from the start to test them at the top level. In his time here we have seen Foden emerge and Palmer is next in line but there are plenty of others tearing it up in the academy who get the odd league cup and CL group stage nothing at stake games and then sit on the bench.

We are in a situation now where, with so many defensive injuries a 36 year old DM is playing CB rather than one of our very talented youngsters. How can you get experience unless you are given an opportunity?

Have the financial rules imposed by the cartel clubs not imposed the squad size restrictions on us?
There’s also some additional factors:
- we didn’t sign a striker last summer because it became the right thing to do to wait a year and get haaland.
- we sold Torres when he wanted to go and the offer was there because we knew haaland was coming in.

the bizarre one for me is the talk that were after a right back when it’s a left back we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.