Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though we came through the selection of fernandhino sticks with me. Yes he changed it but no need for that drama.
Next year I want him to play youth more when he can do so.

He fucked up with his selection today, but Pep's greatness is much more than his selections or even his tactics each match. His greatness is how he can get different squads to play dominating football whether the opponent is Liverpool, Madrid or Leeds.

This year's squad has been the worst of the last 5 year due to age(Fernandinho), injuries to key players(Walker,Stones,Dias, KDB, Gundogan), need of overplaying some players due to injuries(Cancelo, Rodri and Bernardo) and low form of important players(Sterling, Jesus for most of the season, Foden was good, but worse than last season, Grealish), and a small squad(no 9, no back up in midfield or fullbacks...). Congrats to him and all the players for a fantastic season. I am sure next season we will be stronger, and what a scary though that is for all the other teams in Europe.

Got sentimental playing Fernandinho. I can’t blame him, though.

Thanks yet again

Great 2nd half substitutions. Well done Pep. We're very fortunate to have him

Even though we came through the selection of fernandhino sticks with me. Yes he changed it but no need for that drama.
Next year I want him to play youth more when he can do so.
Agree, The FA Cup semi was a nightmare when he came on. Love the guy but he is clearly the weak point in the back 4.

You have to credit Pep with addressing it early. And the later 2 sub were also spot on - Sterling and Gundo who can create and score from midfield.

Rightly gets shit for his lack of substitutions but today got it spot on. All three changed the game - Zinchenko, Sterling and Gundogan.

Best manager in the world and wouldn’t change him for anybody.

Won the league with no reliable finisher.
Apart from the magic of those chains of passes, Pep is key to that never say die mentality we have at City. It's not getting it right all the time that makes us champions, it's what we do when things go wrong aka The Boys in Blue NEVER give in. He is human, he can overthink things, we all do. But wouldn't change him for the world either. Done great things with no striker, brought total football to Manchester, understands the world is against us and it fires him on. When his era has gone - hopefully, many, many years from now -many more will wish they'd been at the Etihad to see it, or just pretend they were.

Played a blinder winning the league without a striker, game on next season. Easy to forget how we didn't look like winning the title at the start of the season, with us missing out on Kane and chelsea signing Lukaku

Seems to have stopped overthinking the champions league games, just seems to be the small issue with him being too stubborn to make subs in some games now. Yesterday he made them as he knew he had to, and they were brilliant subs. We've got a great squad and he's a obviously a brilliant manager who can see what changes need to be made, so he needs to make the subs in more of the games where we need a goal, as opposed to just letting the game drift and us dropping points

But yea nice one Pep. Can't wait to see what he has planned for next season with Haaland and possibly Alvarez

Interesting what he said on MOTD. I'd infer that he wanted someone right-footed on the right and left-footed on the left so we could get wide and play crosses into and around the box better, with Gundogan on because he's brilliant at arriving late. And that's what you see with all the goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.