Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main thing I’d imagine him asking is where does he go after this? There’s no obvious choices and the European leagues are broke.

There’s plenty of room to grow this current side into potentially his best ever at City, with academy products, a striker etc to work on integrating. The league has never been more competitive with Klopp back to his best, Tuchel turning Chelsea into a machine, Saudi money arriving and United a manager away from being seriously credible - this is the place to be right now and Pep surely knows and feels that.

So long as he doesn’t reach that burn out stage I think we are good. And he looks relaxed and happy right now which wasn’t the case early last season. There’s no boardroom dramas, we can generally spend whatever money is needed in the transfer market to placate him. It’s the perfect canvas for his work.

That said, savour it while he’s here. It will never be this good again in our lifetimes. That performance yesterday was as good as it gets. And we get that so often.
Great post.
I just have this feeling he will stay with us until he integrates more of the immense talent we have in the academy.
Hopefully we get to a tipping point with the majority coming from said academy sprinkled with exciting young talent from elsewhere - Eddy, Ruben, Jack, Gabby, Ferran and maybe a Haaland.
Win the fecking lot then he can retire to Bora Bora with a big fat cigar.
Bald fraud my arse.

The main thing I’d imagine him asking is where does he go after this? There’s no obvious choices and the European leagues are broke.

There’s plenty of room to grow this current side into potentially his best ever at City, with academy products, a striker etc to work on integrating. The league has never been more competitive with Klopp back to his best, Tuchel turning Chelsea into a machine, Saudi money arriving and United a manager away from being seriously credible - this is the place to be right now and Pep surely knows and feels that.

So long as he doesn’t reach that burn out stage I think we are good. And he looks relaxed and happy right now which wasn’t the case early last season. There’s no boardroom dramas, we can generally spend whatever money is needed in the transfer market to placate him. It’s the perfect canvas for his work.

That said, savour it while he’s here. It will never be this good again in our lifetimes. That performance yesterday was as good as it gets. And we get that so often.
He said he wants to go to a national team after he leaves here. Probably dreams about winning a World Cup and the Euros before he retires, and I can see him do that with either Spain or England one day.

Pep seems in his element at city, it's been a long time getting himself from the pressure of proving himself no matter how well he was doing to where he is now.
The media hunting about the money spent being the only reason city were winning being harsh and undermining.
That press conference where he answered about the money spent was fantastic, he owned it and since then the press hardly mentions it - other supporters still holding on to it though.
Losing the chumps league final, he owned that one as well - even best teams lose. Even his cough in the post match press conference is better as he is relaxed.
At the moment every day he gets up he must love going to work with this club, he will leave one day on his terms but this ride could go on a while longer than we expected, hope so anyway.

Yes it was disgraceful, he should be asking you when to bring Gundogan on.
You don’t get to where pep is by repeating the same errors time after time. Fair play to him he learned his lessons and didn’t make the same mistake last night. No complaints from me ;-)

Good to see he knows his best 11,and hopefully,should we reach another CL final,he will play them.

He is handling Palmer well in the main,but id like to see a couple more kids introduced soon.
Agree with you on the second part. I’m assuming you know who I’m eager to see get a chance. Nonetheless, Palmer is being handled properly

4-part interview, a must read. Taken during 19/20 season:

Last edited:
I would happily pay £50-100 of my own money a month to keep pep as manager, I’m going to be absolutely gutted when he has gone, he’s brought city to the absolute pinnacle!

sadly the only way is down from this, or am I being a pessimist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.