Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
To each their own. This season, if I have to choose between Loserpool winning the PL and us winning CL or us winning Pl and them CL I will certainly go with the former.
You can choose whatever you like, but either way and even if we end the season with nothing, the clubs offer to Pep to extend will remain on the table as it should because they would be stupid not to, and they aren’t stupid.

Having to make wholesale changes in a semi-final is a consequence of his lack of squad rotation in smaller games, lack of using youth players that are basically ornaments on the bench and his lack of substitutions unless we are comfortably winning, which isn't often recently.
He forced himself to not prioritise it, he played our nigh on our strongest XI in the quarters vs Southampton and a unnecessarily strong side vs Peterborough. There's no suprise some of our players are starting to look more lethargic/tired.
And then he complains about not having 5 subs and rarely makes more than 1 even when he can make 5.

Best manager in the world but terrible when it comes to substitutions.

So many times when we’ve had games won and he could’ve used up his subs to give one of the kids a go but he seems to get some odd sort of satisfaction out of playing the same 11 players for the whole 90 minutes

You can choose whatever you like, but either way and even if we end the season with nothing, the clubs offer to Pep to extend will remain on the table as it should because they would be stupid not to, and they aren’t stupid.
Yet stupid enough to fail to strengthen the obvious emerging weaknesses in the squad over a couple of Seasons!!

Yet stupid enough to fail to strengthen the obvious emerging weaknesses in the squad over a couple of Seasons!!
Not what happened though, they only buy long term. Yes they could have bought an available short term stop gap, after all that strategy has worked so well for united.
Our way we won the league last year probably will this and then next have the best 22 year old centre forward available. So not so daft.

Not what happened though, they only buy long term. Yes they could have bought an available short term stop gap, after all that strategy has worked so well for united.
Our way we won the league last year probably will this and then next have the best 22 year old centre forward available. So not so daft.
Sorry but disagree. On current form I’ d give us less than 50% chance of winning both the league and making the Champions Final. Waiting for the perfect player is a strategy that can leave you exposed as your squad burns out/ gets injured..The Dippers have strengthened with ‘stop gaps’ and it may deliver for them. God forbid the best 22 year old breaks a leg or does his cruciate in his first game for us.

Sorry but disagree. On current form I’ d give us less than 50% chance of winning both the league and making the Champions Final. Waiting for the perfect player is a strategy that can leave you exposed as your squad burns out/ gets injured..The Dippers have strengthened with ‘stop gaps’ and it may deliver for them. God forbid the best 22 year old breaks a leg or does his cruciate in his first game for us.
Right, well history tells us you’re wrong. Even if this year we don’t win the league you’re still wrong long term planning is always better than short. Over the last 10 years we’ve won the most trophies with good plannig, and with good planning over the next 5 we will win the most.
Of course he could get a bad injury, so could any player for any club, including any stop gap you think we should have bought last summer.

Reactions: OB1
Right, well history tells us you’re wrong. Even if this year we don’t win the league you’re still wrong long term planning is always better than short. Over the last 10 years we’ve won the most trophies with good plannig, and with good planning over the next 5 we will win the most.
Of course he could get a bad injury, so could any player for any club, including any stop gap you think we should have bought last summer.
Sorry still disagree .What long term plan was in place in the 5 year span from Aguero declining as an elite striker till now. What is the long term plan to replace an aging Fernandinho. What is the long term plan to replace Kolorov with a top quality left back.?? I think like many big Corporations an element of complacency is there that the dominance will go unchallenged.

Resorting to expletive language unveils your low IQ and proves how thick you are. It is all about opinions and I stand by mine until I am proven wrong. As I said, I do not give a toss if you do not agree with me, on the contrary your poor communication proves that my analysis struck a chord.
And your analysis was dribble so...jot that down.

This is very reminiscent of last season situation when we had several fixtures against Chelsea in a short span of time and Pep started tinkering with the team and do his usual stupid overthinking. The avoidable loss against them in the cup got into Pep and players head prior to CL final and cost us a title that we could have clinched easily ! I do not buy into the “ I do not care about CL” nonsense and winning the PL title won’t make up for it in any way shape or form. I won’t forgive him if he bottles it again and he will go down in history as a stubborn, clueless and overrated coach as far as I am concerned. Not winning the PL and CL this season will be criminal and will tarnish all Pep’s achievements with City as that would offer the titles to the dippers on a silver platter. My take might be unpopulare among Pep’s worshippers on here but i don’t care.

I can see why you think there are similarities with Chelsea last season. We lost three big games to them in quick succession and if we get Liverpool in the CL final, there’s a chance that we could fail to beat them three times in quick succession as well. That obviously would not be a good luck for Pep.

However, there are some huge differences. In those three games against Chelsea last season we had 1 good 45 minutes of football. In the three games against Liverpool this season we’ve had 1 bad 45 minutes of football.

We’ll be extremely motivated to beat them and I’d fancy our chances against them in any final.

That said, there’s no guarantee we will get past Madrid and the PL has to be our priority.

And your analysis was dribble so...jot that down.
I made myself clear. I am entiltled to my opinion, if anyone is willing to debate it respectfully I will be more than happy to read their thoughts. There is no gospel truth and this is forum not an echo chamber and that was part of the reason I joined in. People who can not accept different opinions are toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.