Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This feels worryingly like the road to our Champions Final defeat. We handed Chelsea a couple of morale boosting wins. They were not phased by us in the Final whilst we didn't seem to have a way to beat them. Rinse and Repeat (hope not).
Said exactly the same thing earlier, beating whoever wears a city shirt, is good for their confidence

This feels worryingly like the road to our Champions Final defeat. We handed Chelsea a couple of morale boosting wins. They were not phased by us in the Final whilst we didn't seem to have a way to beat them. Rinse and Repeat (hope not).

Agreed,we all hoped/presumed the brainfarts/odd decisons were one offs.....but they are becoming a worrying and predictable part of Pep's management DNA.

He simply has to bring home the CL this season.

Im hoping the fact that the league isnt won yet the intensity wont drop off in the CL semi and final. We had basically wrapped the league around this time last year.

Having to make wholesale changes in a semi-final is a consequence of his lack of squad rotation in smaller games, lack of using youth players that are basically ornaments on the bench and his lack of substitutions unless we are comfortably winning, which isn't often recently.
He forced himself to not prioritise it, he played our nigh on our strongest XI in the quarters vs Southampton and a unnecessarily strong side vs Peterborough. There's no suprise some of our players are starting to look more lethargic/tired.

get to CL final first.

if we dominate and fail to make the chances count like vs Liverpool in the league game Real will murder us.
if we fail to control the game and keep losing the ball like vs Atletico in second half Real will murder us.
if we tinker with the line up like yesterday Real will have it easy.

if anything to learn for PSG and Chelsea's losses vs Real, its kill them when you are on top during the game, PSG absolutely dominted the shit out of Real for 3 halves but were only 1-0 up at that point than some defensive mistakes and folded like a wet rag.

Chelsea pulled back a big 1-3 result, they were 3-0 up in Bernabeu and instead of going 4-0 they ended up 3-2.

This is very reminiscent of last season situation when we had several fixtures against Chelsea in a short span of time and Pep started tinkering with the team and do his usual stupid overthinking. The avoidable loss against them in the cup got into Pep and players head prior to CL final and cost us a title that we could have clinched easily ! I do not buy into the “ I do not care about CL” nonsense and winning the PL title won’t make up for it in any way shape or form. I won’t forgive him if he bottles it again and he will go down in history as a stubborn, clueless and overrated coach as far as I am concerned. Not winning the PL and CL this season will be criminal and will tarnish all Pep’s achievements with City as that would offer the titles to the dippers on a silver platter. My take might be unpopulare among Pep’s worshippers on here but i don’t care.

This is very reminiscent of last season situation when we had several fixtures against Chelsea in a short span of time and Pep started tinkering with the team and do his usual stupid overthinking. The avoidable loss against them in the cup got into Pep and players head prior to CL final and cost us a title that we could have clinched easily ! I do not buy into the “ I do not care about CL” nonsense and winning the PL title won’t make up for it in any way shape or form. I won’t forgive him if he bottles it again and he will go down in history as a stubborn, clueless and overrated coach as far as I am concerned. Not winning the PL and CL this season will be criminal and will tarnish all Pep’s achievements with City as that would offer the titles to the dippers on a silver platter. My take might be unpopulare among Pep’s worshippers on here but i don’t care.
‘Stubborn, clueless and overrated’. Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.