Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times have Rodri, Gundogan and Fernandinho played in midfield together? Disappointed in hem getting sentimental in a CL-semi just to give Fernandinho minutes.
i mean, several times he should have changed and he didnt, when he brought all those subs we were playing fine, Real Madrid wasnt doing anything..and that disjointed the team, i saw Cancelo and Fernandinho confused because Mahrez wasnt on the left and nobody wasnt on the left to help Cancelo...but at the end it was several factors..and the teams in 89 or 90 mins need to be clever like Madrid was, spending time on the ground, breaking the rythm..etc

Are we really blaming Pep for players switching off after effectively dominating 180mins of football against Real Madrid? We should have been out of sight after 45mins of the 1st leg. We’ve then gone to the Bernabeu and they’ve not had a shot on target for 90mins. Pep has done everything you can expect of a manager in a CL semi. This is on the players and only the players.

I’m Honestly not arsed about tonight. not in the slightest bit bothered. I despise this competition and the body that governs it.
We would have been schooled in the final anyway, it could have been a car crash.
For me, I’d rather win the league and for that reason would be happy to see Pep here for another ten years but if the club really does want to win this thing one day they have to do a few things. And quickly.
- buy minimum of two, but realistically three world class strikers This summer, whatever the expense.
- buy two or three world class fullbacks.
- buy a 25 year old Fernandinho replacement, whatever the cost.
- remove raheem from the club
- appoint a manager that doesnt see pragmatism as a weakness.

Every fan, every pundit, everybody in any way connected with football knew with 100% certainty that this club needed strikers for the last two years and the club put all its eggs in the harry kane basket knowing full well that Levy would never sell to us in a thousand lifetimes. Meanwhile Liverpool bought Diaz for a bargain price.

Minimum of 500m investment needed in the summer before we can even think about winning this thing And if that means saying goodbye to a few familiar faces, so be it.

Tactically spot on but his substitutions are always a bit baffling aren’t they?!

Taking Jesus off tonight was the one for me. We needed somebody who’s willing to put himself on the line to win and he goes off. For what? For a bit of sentimentality for Fernandinho?

His subs are always a bit odd I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.