Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that the point? We have put more resources into our squad and at the end of the day they're roughly equal (we're better, but it's not a million miles apart). I think they deserve some credit for getting super talented players for reasonable fees.

Absolutely, but that has nothing to do with the actual job Pep and Klopp have of managing the squads that have been assembled for them

What has been paid for the squad =/= the quality of the squad. So in terms of the resources actually available to the managers - that is, the playing squad - Klopp is not working with substantially less quality than Pep

Luis Diaz cost less than half of what Grealish cost. I’ll let you decide who should have cost more and would have been more useful

Good to hear Pep calling out Klopp about his fixture congestion moaning. Pep also knows the score with the media dipper love in and it's great to see him fighting our corner, albeit nothing is going change with reference to the media bias.

I agree,we have played far better and dominated our opponents,but they have all managed to put the ball in the net with fewer opportunities.

Now to me that is down to a couple of reasons.....our opponents are making the most of their strengths and getting the best out of their individuals within the 11,or our failure to sign a player who knows where the back of the net is has come back to bite us on the bum.

Or....maybe it is just bad luck.....but i very much believe you make your own in this world.

These next few weeks will tell us plenty,i'm confident(again) it will be that Pep is still the best manager on the planet.

Both teams basically average 18 shots per game and they have scored two more goals across all competitons so far.

They undoubtedly have more strikers than us and we are definitely hampered by not having a proflic striker or two.

How much money has been spent can be a bit misleading as you point out for all sorts of reasons. One has to admit that they have doen a good job on finding value for money in the transfer market. Both teams have bought well and produced squads that have delivered two of the strongest teams ever seen in English football.

Liverpool are operating with fewer resources than City, unquestionably. In terms of the resources at the respective managers' disposal (i.e. the players), I don't think there's all that much in it. Pep's squad isn't 60% better because City have spent 60% more on transfer fees
Liverpool are operating with a lower expenditure than City but they have almost identical resources to City.

If Liverpool wanted to, they could spend what City spend every year because both clubs have around the same revenue so FFP means we have around the same resources for transfers.

City also get fleeced for transfer fees. There’s no way City would buy Diaz for the £50m Liverpool bought him for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.