Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason i can think of pep's reluctance of subs today was that he wanted to give the playing 11 a good workout as we had a limited preseason and they're plenty of games coming up, this is a unique season because of the world cup and clubs would need to come up with a different strategy to cope with number of games before the break

As others have said, he went with a parked bus set up today and it failed miserably, baffling he didn’t change it earlier or introduce fresh legs at 3-3 when Newcastle were reeling

The only reason i can think of pep's reluctance of subs today was that he wanted to give the playing 11 a good workout as we had a limited preseason and they're plenty of games coming up, this is a unique season because of the world cup and clubs would need to come up with a different strategy to cope with number of games before the break
I’d have thought the reasons you give are the reason we should have made subs

We have perfect options and players in midfield..

Gundo and KDB who are best near opponent's box

Bernie and Phillips who are better near our box..

Rodri the Godri..

Also, we should consider that both Gundo and KDB are 31+, playing them box on the pitch in every game I hope isn't in Pep's plans, the best decision is to rotate them and do the same thing for Phillips and Bernardo..

Rodri-Phillips-KDB and Rodri-Bernardo-Gundo midfields I think will be perfect and balanced solution to have cover defensively as well as enough creative power near opponent's box to help Haaland score the goals..

Today we lacked this physical energy and fresh legs running at those motherfuckers in midfield.. Rodri was outnumbered..

One thing that makes me wonder - what if Jack Grealish had played and helped us similarly during build-ups like he did against West Ham.. That could have give us some edge.. Pep I think was expecting same thing from Bernardo, but in terms of defensive play and build-ups and etc Bernardo had the shittiest game.. Yes, he scored and assisted, but his power isn't in statistics, he is more of a player who does those unnoticed things and tasks, that makes our system unbreakable, today he was shite in those aspects.. A lot of mistakes..

Played inverted fullbacks against the wrong team imo, especially with a less than 100% fit John Stones.

If he tries the same against Palace, Zaha and Eze could run us ragged.

Probably needs to be reminded that we have the opportunity to use substitutes for something other than injuries.

He's a strange fellow.

Was obvious that the 2 full backs tucking in wasn't working yet he refused to change the system. Frustrating
Was it the system that wasn’t working or the players not doing the right things within the system?

He didn’t change it but we got back in the game and could have won it by not changing the system.

I thought the players were poor today, often everything started up for Newcastle with a poor pass from us or a reluctance to make the right pass. Newcastle exploited space where the full backs weren’t occupying but if we hadn’t given the ball away or if we’d made the right pass those situations for Newcastle wouldn’t have occurred.

Pep didn't use any substitues as we were still creating chances even though we weren't performing as team. Perhaps if he did it would be counterproductive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.