Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before yesterday everything was rosy and we were fine.

You’re flapping at one bad result.
The problem is that many teams right now are playing well. Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea etc. We need to be more consistent. In the last season we have scored a lot of goals from set pieces, right now I don't remember any goal from set piece apart from Haaland's goal against United, we have scored a little from long range shots as well, IMO we have become a little bit addicted to Haaland etc. Grealish's and Mahrez's form is also a problem, we have to demand from each of them 5-10 goals in the season but they are not delivering anything atm.

The problem is that many teams right now are playing well. Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea etc. We need to be more consistent. In the last season we have scored a lot of goals from set pieces, right now I don't remember any goal from set piece apart from Haaland's goal against United, we have scored a little from long range shots as well, IMO we have become a little bit addicted to Haaland etc. Grealish's and Mahrez's form is also a problem, we have to demand from each of them 5-10 goals in the season but they are not delivering anything atm.
All have lost games recently.

Before yesterday people were, obviously wrongly, talking about us going invincible on media shows.

It’s still a case among non City fans of how many we win it by, not if.

I am less sure of course but we’ve lost away at Anfield, which I bet arsenal, spurs and Chelsea all do as well.

On the other hand, after 10 games last season...
we were 5 points behind leaders (Chelsea), this season 4 points behind (Arsenal)
we have 3 more points than last season
we have scored 13 more goals than last season
we are 10 points ahead of the team that finished 2nd last season (Liverpool) - they were 2 ahead of us at this point
admittedly, we've conceded 4 more goals than last season
It's not all bad though

On the other hand, after 10 games last season...
we were 5 points behind leaders (Chelsea), this season 4 points behind (Arsenal)
we have 3 more points than last season
we have scored 13 more goals than last season
we are 10 points ahead of the team that finished 2nd last season (Liverpool) - they were 2 ahead of us at this point
admittedly, we've conceded 4 more goals than last season
It's not all bad though
Yeah, it's not bad, but the rest have improved.

We have the best manager in the world but why does he have to do these crazy tactics in big games, is it for fear of losing? But each time he does a crazy tactic we end up losing anyway so I don't understand it
Maybe every time we lose people decide it was crazy tactics, because they assume we should win forgetting the opposition have good coaches and tactics too, when we win it's Peps genius. Truth is when we play other very good teams, and like it or not liverpool are one despite their form and will be comfortably top 4, then close games are decided by fine margins. We weren't bad yesterday and could easily have won, Haaland had chances, we had 1 dissallowed.
Obviously Pep didn't get it right on the day but there was nothing crazy and mst thought we would win when they saw the teams.

30 seconds after kick off yesterday I was scratching my head thinking 'WTF is going on here'. Cancelo was right wing back, Kev was right mid/right wing and fuck knows where Bernardo was supposed to be. I had a bad feeling....

Cancelo had probably his best game a weak earlier at LB and was electric. Liverpool were weak in that right side. Should have had Cancelo and Grealish doing the same as v soton and murder that side. Then Phil on the right who terrifies Robertson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.