Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played the occasion again. He knew they'd be up for it and wanted to nullify them with an extra midfielder and more control. But what he did instead is prevented us from dominating the game. I do think we largely bossed the second half but he should have made changes as soon as they scored to try and get back into the game. The pattern up to that point didn't suggest we were going to get back into the game. He hates Liverpool as much as we do, I'm sure of it. From his post-match comments you can tell. But he had to go there and make the most of their poor form. It was always going to be a tough game, but their results this season have been poor and Arsenal showed last week that they couldn't cope with their best team. Arteta didn't do anything special for them.

We should have had a midfield of Rodri, De Bruyne and Bernardo and Foden, Grealish and Haaland on the pitch. We'd have torn them apart.

At least that is their cup final. We're 10 pts ahead and I will not forget this one come April when we play them again. We've got to give them absolute hell on and off the pitch. Especially that toothy German ****.

Looking at yesterday's game, would we really say we had a good transfer window? Apart of Haaland and Akanji, the other signings just seem like prospect signings and that's not what we need for a big season, if we wanted prospects, we have the EDS boys for that - Palmer, Lavia, Borges, Edozie.

Pep clearly doesn't trust Gomez and Alvarez, Phillips can't seem to get out of bed without picking a knock. We might need one or two signings after the worldcup. It's clear to see that on paper, we had a good summer but as the season progresses, we can see that that isn't the case.

It scary to think of what might happen if Haaland gets injured for 2 or 3 weeks. Looks like we were too hasty to clear out some of our more experienced players.

Looking at yesterday's game, would we really say we had a good transfer window? Apart of Haaland and Akanji, the other signings just seem like prospect signings and that's not what we need for a big season, if we wanted prospects, we have the EDS boys for that - Palmer, Lavia, Borges, Edozie.

Pep clearly doesn't trust Gomez and Alvarez, Phillips can't seem to get out of bed without picking a knock. We might need one or two signings after the worldcup. It's clear to see that on paper, we had a good summer but as the season progresses, we can see that that isn't the case.

It scary to think of what might happen if Haaland gets injured for 2 or 3 weeks. Looks like we were too hasty to clear out some of our more experienced players.
Yes we did have a good window, we are stronger than last year, all the players will play their part this year and in the future. We will win the league. The nonsense after one defeat away to liverpool is just that nonsense.

Yeah, I don't understand Gomez's transfer. We need someone way better as a fullback than him. Downgrade in comparison to Zinchenko who wasn't also top class fullback.
The same I don't get why we are not interested in wingers with pace and unpredictability.

Yeah, I don't understand Gomez's transfer. We need someone way better as a fullback than him. Downgrade in comparison to Zinchenko who wasn't also top class fullback.
The same I don't get why we are not interested in wingers with pace and unpredictability.
I guess you also don't get why we keep ending up winning the premier league either.Luckily you don't need to get it we have a club full of people that do get it, and are the best in the business, so we can just sit back and enjoy it. Well some of us can, some seem incapable.

Yes we did have a good window, we are stronger than last year, all the players will play their part this year and in the future. We will win the league. The nonsense after one defeat away to liverpool is just that nonsense.
Tbf we’re 4 points off the top already.

With Spurs & Chelsea breathing down our neck.

Pep’s fucked up a few times this season but yesterday was bordering on negligence. It was laughably bad from Pep.

We should be concerned, because if Haaland gets injured we’ll be in deep shit.

I think we needed to sell Zinny & Gabby to reduce the wage bill so we could accommodate Haaland which is fair enough. Let's be fair we have been on and on about bringing in a top world class strikers for years to replace Sergio. We have now done it. Sacrifices had to be made to keep under the radar of FFP. I think Alvarez is at least a straight match for Gabby and possibly an upgrade once he settles in. As for Phillips it just looks like we have bought the new Jack Rodwell. It happens. Can't win them all I suppose.

Tbf we’re 4 points off the top already.

With Spurs & Chelsea breathing down our neck.

Pep’s fucked up a few times this season but yesterday was bordering on negligence. It was laughably bad from Pep.

We should be concerned, because if Haaland gets injured we’ll be in deep shit.
None of those other teams will win the league, because non of those teams ware as good as we are over 38 games.Why would we be concerned about Haaland we aren't a one man team and we've won it a few times without a striker.Yesterday was a close game as you'd expect away at liverpool whatever their form that could have gone eiher way. I have no concerns at all.

I think we needed to sell Zinny & Gabby to reduce the wage bill so we could accommodate Haaland which is fair enough. Let's be fair we have been on and on about bringing in a top world class strikers for years to replace Sergio. We have now done it. Sacrifices had to be made to keep under the radar of FFP. I think Alvarez is at least a straight match for Gabby and possibly an upgrade once he settles in. As for Phillips it just looks like we have bought the new Jack Rodwell. It happens. Can't win them all I suppose.
We've spent 42m on a new Rodwell? It would be rather bad busienss lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.