Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep is a football genius and I’m just an ordinary fan but even I can see :

Foden is completely wasted on the right wing. He’s not getting involved and isn’t contributing.

AkanjI is not a midfielder. He doesn’t have the skill set to play there and he is constantly turning over possession in dangerous areas. Our opponents know this and are targeting him.

I don’t know what position Alvarez is playing but it just seems to involve a lot of running around but not actually contributing very much.

Rodri is probably the best DM in the world but even he can’t control the whole midfield on his own.

When Haaland isn’t scoring goals he isn’t contributing very much else to the team. When it isn’t working for him Pep needs to be prepared to take him off and play a different system.

Pep is a football genius and I’m just an ordinary fan but even I can see :

Foden is completely wasted on the right wing. He’s not getting involved and isn’t contributing.

AkanjI is not a midfielder. He doesn’t have the skill set to play there and he is constantly turning over possession in dangerous areas. Our opponents know this and are targeting him.

I don’t know what position Alvarez is playing but it just seems to involve a lot of running around but not actually contributing very much.

Rodri is probably the best DM in the world but even he can’t control the whole midfield on his own.

When Haaland isn’t scoring goals he isn’t contributing very much else to the team. When it isn’t working for him Pep needs to be prepared to take him off and play a different system.
So basically you can see several things Pep isn’t getting right? Haha!
BM does overreaction better than anywhere on the internet I swear.

If you think its an overreaction can you set me straight by telling which of my points you disagree with and why ?
Because there is context to everything Pep does and everything is geared towards playing 60+ games a season.
He has to tweak teams and tactics because doing the same thing week in week out with the same players and formations doesn’t win you the silverware Pep has.
I’m gonna stick with the boss on this one and trust him to deliver as he do often does because I’m not daft enough to think I know better.

A big issue what seems to have been missed is if Haaland hadn’t had a rare off day in front of goal we win by at least 3 and he’s praised to the hilt for squad management.
A fine line is this football lark.
It's not so much about the chances...it's about the chaotic, unstable way in which we play in that set up...

It's not so much about the chances...it's about the chaotic, unstable way in which we play in that set up...
The majority of chances we concede stem from losing possession high up the pitch and being caught on the counter.
We fix that and we are good to go. Chaotic is probably the worst description of how we play I’ve ever read. We are the most measured team in world football.

The majority of chances we concede stem from losing possession high up the pitch and being caught on the counter.
We fix that and we are good to go. Chaotic is probably the worst description of how we play I’ve ever read. We are the most measured team in world football.
Not in that set up we're not...that's my whole point...that yesterday or v. Tottenham or at Chelsea is not measured and, therefore, is NOT CITY...I hope that clarifies what I'm trying to say...

Not in that set up we're not...that's my whole point...that yesterday or v. Tottenham or at Chelsea is not measured and, therefore, is NOT CITY...I hope that clarifies what I'm trying to say...
I understand but disagree. We are still very measured with Haaland in the team. Our build up is very similar but on days Haaland doesn’t deliver when the chances come and we drop points it’s an easy criticism to level at us.
I believe playing Alvarez in midfield causes us more issues than anything else but trust Pep has a reason for persevering and there’s logic behind it which we are likely to benefit from in the future.

I understand but disagree. We are still very measured with Haaland in the team. Our build up is very similar but on days Haaland doesn’t deliver when the chances come and we drop points it’s an easy criticism to level at us.
I believe playing Alvarez in midfield causes us more issues than anything else but trust Pep has a reason for persevering and there’s logic behind it which we are likely to benefit from in the future.
Fair enough. I don't see any benefit in playing Alvarez as an AM when KDB is on the pitch, ever, not now and not in the future...so we'll agree to disagree...

the team was well set up,we created the chances, pep did his job well, what pep cant do is put the fucking ball in the net,nothing wrong with his tactics yesterday that an inform erling haaland couldnt of put right, ive said before i dont like akanji in the stones roles however the team he picked created enough chances to have blown chelsea away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.