Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

There haven't been many people that have had the impact on English football that he has. The style of play he's implemented with City - the one that "wouldn't work in England" of course, is now copied not only across the top division, but in non-league and even at grass roots level. Kids of all ages are learning to be comfortable with the ball and to be solid technically, all because of Pep Guardiola. I hope he stays with us for another decade, but even if he doesn't, the future of football in this country is cemented thanks to his time here as long as the FA don't bring in another dinosaur to oversee grass roots development...which is probably what they'll do.

Remember in Peps early seasons there were a lot of blues who thought he didn’t get the club or the fans because he “didn’t take the derby seriously”? Particularly the 2016 League Cup and the game we could have won the title at the swamp in 17/18.

Well just thought it was worth pointing out Pep’s now won 7 of the last 9 derbies and now has a better winning % in derbies than Ferguson (and Busby and McDowall).

I think he’s bought into the derby.

Remember in Peps early seasons there were a lot of blues who thought he didn’t get the club or the fans because he “didn’t take the derby seriously”? Particularly the 2016 League Cup and the game we could have won the title at the swamp in 17/18.

Well just thought it was worth pointing out Pep’s now won 7 of the last 9 derbies and now has a better winning % in derbies than Ferguson (and Busby and McDowall).

I think he’s bought into the derby.
I think he's bought into winning every game.
I think he gets as much a kick out of beating Fulham as he does the rags.
He treats every game as one he wants to win.
I do think that he does like to get one over on certain managers though and I'd say he is thrilled when he beats the likes of Klopp and Mourinho.

I hope he never goes anywhere near England. I think he'd struggle at intentional level. Purely because of the limited time he'd have working with a squad.
Id rather he stayed with us, but I think he would probably be successful as an International manager because he has a real footballing brain and thinks about problems. I suspect he'd work out a way of getting the best from a squad with limited time.
The main caveat being that International managers are judged on so few games I suspect luck comes more into how they are perceived than club managers.

Remember in Peps early seasons there were a lot of blues who thought he didn’t get the club or the fans because he “didn’t take the derby seriously”?

This was happening also in later seasons, e.g., after the derby in December 2020 (0:0 at OT), 4 years after Pep had arrived.

Please let it be true

I feel quite confident in thinking he wouldn’t do that.

He is too professional, too focused on winning now, and was too close friends with Hoeness and the like.

Plus he had no idea if he’d end up at city really, he knows things change instantly in football.

Much more believable is Pep didn’t rate Kev at Wolfsburg!

He’s so different to the Spanish style controlling 10s he had before. KDB pre-Pep was High risk, high reward and lost the ball a lot- remember it took Roberto Martinez playing KDB in midfield for Belgium repeatedly for Pep to think he could play there for City with Fern and Silva!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.