Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Pep just gave a very encouraging interview there. He suggested that next season "we will talk with the club", implying potentially an extension? I think he will do 10 years with us for sure. He said "let's see if players follow me" to see what the feeling in the club is, something like that. I am sensing he wants it!

Guess you can take that two ways. Hard to know if he means that he is edging towards leaving next year or that after 8 years the end is getting closer.

Guess you can take that two ways. Hard to know if he means that he is edging towards leaving next year or that after 8 years the end is getting closer.

In the context of the interview I took it to mean the latter. Hard to know for sure with his English, but sounded like he was basically saying "whatever I decide, a this stage I am definitely closer to the end than I am to the beginning."

His comments after the match where he said after last season he thought “what am I doing here? There is nothing to achieve” and he said he feels exactly the same right now, but he “has a contract”. Sadly, he’s made it painfully clear next season is his last at the club. We have to savour next season.
Probably even more the case this season now he’s just achieved something no other English team has before, win four in a row. I want him to do 10 years and play out his last year in front of the new north stand, but I think next season is his last.

Fuck knows where that leaves City and Pep with the new club world club next summer, does Pep oversee that and leave?

His comments after the match where he said after last season he thought “what am I doing here? There is nothing to achieve” and he said he feels exactly the same right now, but he “has a contract”. Sadly, he’s made it painfully clear next season is his last at the club. We have to savour next season.
Every season there is the same to achieve, namely to win the same few titles. Thing is that in another club the targets would be the same, only would the conditions be worse. So, dear Pep, please stay and continue your work. You know it makes sense.

For the first time, I think he's leaving next summer.

He's done it all.

The only thing that could change things is the charges. If we lose, I think he stays out of pure defiance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.