Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Total Muppet.
Pep plays a brand of football other managers aspire to; and look in envy at. They mocked that his brand of football wouldn't cut it in in the Premier League, he couldn't win the Champions league without Messi, and City have just bought success.
You can't kid a kidder kid

Ian and Gary being bitter and sour ass f***. Very soon, all of them shall submit to Pep.

Last edited:
Stays for 10, written and banked; no way he goes at 9, they’ll pay him obscene amount to do so…. He fails to do 5, he won’t leave at that juncture, and regardless, his kid is in the uk until 26 (:

A remarkable decade won’t be compromised
I think this will be his final season and I also have a feeling arteta is already lined up .

Ian and Gary being bitter and sour ass f***. Very soon, all of them shall submit to Pep.

There is also a very important difference: languages.

Pep speaks languages. Ferguson does not speak languages.

Verón, Piqué, Forlan, Tevez, Hernandez and a long etc... great players who didn't speak english arriving in Manchester and failed largely because of it.

In today's football there are three linguistic powers: spanish, portuguese and french.
Pep speaks french and spanish, and all brazilian and portuguese people speak spanish, in the same way the dutch people speak english. Also he speak german and italian.

Communication is basic for a coach, and Pep can communicate with anyone.

And Pablo Zabaleta is an exception. The norm is often guys who have a hard time understanding English, who are not iintellectual guys, they were kids who play ball in the street all day and night.

When they feel marginalized, they break down, lose motivation, and their brain says "I'm going to talk to my manager about getting out of here."

If the coach tells them in their language what exercise to train or knows how to console him when the boy tells him "I miss my parents and my neighborhood in Buenos Aires, people here are not like in Argentina wah-wah", and all that shit that they tell them (that's what they tell them, sometimes), the situation becomes more favorable.

Pep speaks languages. Ferguson does not speak languages.

Verón, Piqué, Forlan, Tevez, Hernandez and a long etc... great players who didn't speak english arriving in Manchester and failed largely because of it.

In today's football there are three linguistic powers: spanish, portuguese and french.
Pep speaks french and spanish, and all brazilian and portuguese people speak spanish, in the same way the dutch people speak english. Also he speak german and italian.
What a load of rubbish
My daughter is fluent in 5 languages and can converse in 3 others.
She hasn't a clue about football.

Language is beneficial but the likes of Pep would be great even if he only spoke his native tongue.
I still haven't a clue what Ferguson says at the best of times but he didn't do too badly with players from several countries outside of the UK.

Pep"s English isn't the best and after listening to him for 9 years I still struggle during some of his interviews.

What a load of rubbish
My daughter is fluent in 5 languages and can converse in 3 others.
She hasn't a clue about football.

Language is beneficial but the likes of Pep would be great even if he only spoke his native tongue.
I still haven't a clue what Ferguson says at the best of times but he didn't do too badly with players from several countries outside of the UK.

Pep"s English isn't the best and after listening to him for 9 years I still struggle during some of his interviews.

Yes, but your daughter is not Ferguson.

Ferguson is who has to speak those languages, not your daughter, in this case.

We talked about the players Ferguson could have developed if he spoke languages.

Obviously many of them were able to develop despite the language, others could not, and largely due to that.

Diego Forlan is a great exemple, or best exemple.

Cultural closeness helps in any relationship.

I work with English tourists here in Barcelona, all my life. I never studied English, the little beat I know I learned from the English tourists who had drinks at the nightclub where I worked.

When someone doesn't understand them, their face turns into disappointment, they think you're an idiot, and they often leave the place without consuming.

When they talk to me, who am a 5 speaking English on the 0/10 scale, they see me as a salvation given that few people speak it in Spain. And they even think "well, at least we have this fucking shit, which is 'something'... we'll just have to make do with this."

When they find an employee who REALLY DOES speak English very well, who actually speaks it perfectly, their feeling of comfort increases much more.

And what we are talking about is the same. Languages spoken by a coach in this globalized football, improves the results he will get from their players.

Last edited:
FFS !! Forest fans.
What do you mean? Everyone can see that Klopp has turned Jota (Wolves star poacher) into an excellent late game sub when you need a goal, and who can forget the “levels” Klopp has increased in MacAllister, taking him from the starting central midfielder in the Argentina team that won the World Cup to a starting midfielder in a third placed team in the Premier League…and all for the leftover pennies from the sale of Coutinho!

Klopp, also called Midas when compared to Pep, has turned your average, run of the mill, most expensive keeper and central defenders in the world into one-time Premier League winners.

The man cannot be denied. Klopp is simply a better coach than Pep at turning expensive talent into Premier League also-rans. The end. Full stop.

Pep couldn’t turn a no name Rodri into the best midfielder in the world, because he DIDN’T win the World Cup! Nor could he turn a cheap no name like Akanji into a regular starter AT ANY POSITION ACROSS THE DEFENSIVE LINE (or second DM!) in the Champions of Europe and the World, because only a coach like Klopp could perform such feats.

Plus, it just means more when Klopp does it!

Last edited:
What do you mean? Everyone can see that Klopp has turned Jota (Wolves star poacher) into an excellent late game sub when you need a goal, and who can forget the “levels” Klopp has increased in MacAllister, taking him from the starting central midfielder in the Argentina team that won the World Cup to a starting midfielder in a third placed team in the Premier League…and all for the leftover pennies from the sale of Coutinho!

Klopp, also called Midas when compared to Pep, has turned your average, run of the mill, most expensive keeper and central defenders in the world into one-time Premier League winners.

The man cannot be denied. Klopp is simply a better coach than Pep at turning expensive talent into Premier League also-rans. The end. Full stop.

Pep couldn’t turn a no name Rodri into the best midfielder in the world, because he DIDN’T win the World Cup! Not could he turn a cheap no name like Akanji into a regular starter AT ANY POSITION ACROSS THE DEFENSIVE LINE (or second DM!) in the Champions of Europe and the World, because only a coach like Klopp could perform such feats.

Plus, it just means more when Klopp does it!
awesome post, love it, gonna read it again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.