Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, please, please just read and understand what I wrote…or was it too subtle for a blunt object to understand?

It is not about points!!!
Our performance last season at this point was also worse. Our first half every season has been not optimal for the last 3 years. Doubting on Pep is something only an idiot would make, especially this early on a season.

Even if we don't win anything, we didn't on 19/20, and the rest is history. If Pep stays at City is because he still has the ambition, and as long as that happens, the cycle won't end. Like me and almost everyone has told you, come back at the end of the season, not every time we lose a game...

You’re Kreskin and I claim my £5!

Speaking of stupid, I never said we wouldn’t have a good season, only that Pep’s arc, with the team he built, appears to be on the wane, because he appears void of new ideas and not only is everyone copying the build up, but they know how to stay competitive for at least 75 mins before they have a crack at us!

I like most of your takes. Think you are dead wrong on this one, though. We played very well with Rodri, we've struggled without him partly because we've had injuries and the new players are still adapting to our style. My prediction is we'll be fantastic in the 2nd half of the season.

still worried where the goals gonna come from.
we create less quality chances which is understandable without Mahrez, Gundo and KDB, but overall it will add up to less goals being scored and 2-1 wins turn into 1-1s and 2-2 draws into losses.

in tougher games imo Alvarez+Foden both behind Haaland will not work, Pep needs to come up with something else before KDB is back.

I like most of your takes. Think you are dead wrong on this one, though. We played very well with Rodri, we've struggled without him partly because we've had injuries and the new players are still adapting to our style. My prediction is we'll be fantastic in the 2nd half of the season.
What I’m trying to relate is that it is NOT about individuals coming together and using their extraordinary skills to perform well.

The point I was trying to make is that Pep seems devoid of new ideas, as if he is coming to the end of his natural arc with these players and this club.

The Treble replacements have not bedded in too well, our progress on the field appears to have slowed up a crawl, and he appears to still have no answer to Park The Bus and then getting done on the counterattack.

He likes a sabbatical every 4-5 yrs and he hasn’t had one in quite some time. Maybe, there was a reason for his previous breaks?

What I’m trying to relate is that it is NOT about individuals coming together and using their extraordinary skills to perform well.

The point I was trying to make is that Pep seems devoid of new ideas, as if he is coming to the end of his natural arc with these players and this club.

The Treble replacements have not bedded in too well, our progress on the field appears to have slowed up a crawl, and he appears to still have no answer to Park The Bus and then getting done on the counterattack.

He likes a sabbatical every 4-5 yrs and he hasn’t had one in quite some time. Maybe, there was a reason for his previous breaks?
Devoid of ideas...literally 5 months ago he turned our season around with a new position in football. Now he is tinkering with Alvarez to see how to work it out, playing Rico in the midfield, seeing who is the best to play with Rodri, what the balance for our wingers should be, playing Walker as an offensive threat in the RW...is that enough new stuff? It takes time to see which ideas work and which won't.

Last edited:
An overthinking brain fahrt. He has enough credit for many of them.
Next game please.

Felt too experimental to me today - I genuinely thought he’d go more “safe” with the line up. Haaland, Grealish, Foden, Bernardo, Akanji etc. Felt we needed as much experience of these kind of bigger games on the pitch as possible. Safe to say it didn’t work.

Should have hooked Kova at HT, and was slow to make subs. Arsenal looked better when Martinelli came on.

Subs when they were eventually made were a bit odd - always felt we were more likely to concede with Doku and Nunes coming on if Pep wasn’t going to instruct the team to be more attacking. In fact at that stage it looked like no one could be bothered. And giving Stones his first minutes back today was really odd - as great as it was to see him back, it’s hardly ideal.

Obviously it’s been rubbish with Rodri out but I don’t believe we are so reliant on one player - we had a squad perfectly capable of beating Arsenal today but with so many players out of position and some strange decisions by Pep it was a missed opportunity.

What on earth have I just read. Hilarious.

"Pep seems devoid of new ideas"

Honestly... what have you been smoking?

The international break has come at the perfect time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.