Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
More concerned with what arsenal were gonna do then what we were doing IMO. We were even defensively but we lacked precision in the final 3rd.

As my mate said earlier we only get going after about 10 games so all is ok as long as we still in the mix, which we will be, but the upcoming break will do us good including Pep

Needs to get his head out of his arse. Got some work to do this break. Some of the players aren't performing but peps lineups and tactics are the biggest contributing factors to dropping points right now.

He needs to work out how we start creating much more chances. Defensively we've been fine, id even say good so far this season, the odd mistakes and unfortunate incidents aside. Going forward though we've looked miles off it in all our games except the first half against forest where we were excellent.

The control is there but we're doing fuck all with the ball, it's slow and infront of 10 men, individual moments are getting us through more often than not, not tactics.

teams will happily sit and let us control the game offering little threat then hit us when they can and they'll continue to take points off us doing so. It's on pep to change it and get the supply line flowing again.

It's not an easy task. These last 3 losses we are without our starting midfield for the past 3 years. Put Gundogan, Rodri and KDB into any team and your almost guaranteed a win.

I think we really missed out by not being able to sign Paqueta. I think he would have been an excellent replacement for Gundogan and would be a leader and a creative threat in these types of games.

Devoid of ideas...literally 5 months ago he turned our season around with a new position in football. Now he is tinkering with Alvarez to see how to work it out, playing Rico in the midfield, seeing who is the best to play with Rodri, what the balance for our wingers should be, playing Walker as an offensive threat in the RW...is that enough new stuff? It takes time to see which ideas work and which won't.
Hahaha!

That’s a bag of air!

Poor summer. Gvardiol the only upgrade.
No team won four titles in a row, and can see why. Nigh on impossible to keep the desire. Wolves result put extra pressure on this. We had kind fixtures at the start. Our form on the road has been patchy for a season. Concerning.

Poor summer. Gvardiol the only upgrade.
No team won four titles in a row, and can see why. Nigh on impossible to keep the desire. Wolves result put extra pressure on this. We had kind fixtures at the start. Our form on the road has been patchy for a season. Concerning.

Agreed, we are a few bodies light, Pep however likes using a small knit group, but the minute we lost KDB in first game was the time to go balls deep on a superstar from somewhere really, fuck knows who like but someone!

I still believe we will win the league but only once a set starting 11 get a run and we go on a run of 10/14 games again like we know how

What I’m trying to relate is that it is NOT about individuals coming together and using their extraordinary skills to perform well.

The point I was trying to make is that Pep seems devoid of new ideas, as if he is coming to the end of his natural arc with these players and this club.

The Treble replacements have not bedded in too well, our progress on the field appears to have slowed up a crawl, and he appears to still have no answer to Park The Bus and then getting done on the counterattack.

He likes a sabbatical every 4-5 yrs and he hasn’t had one in quite some time. Maybe, there was a reason for his previous breaks?
Very occasionally, I question Pep‘s thinking, then I stop and think and give myself a slap. He isn’t void of new ideas, he’s trying players in positions all over the pitch, as he has done and we are seeing sometimes they aren’t working out. It isn’t Pep’s fault that many players are playing below their high standard, poor passes, that shouldn’t be going astray, giving away possession needlessly, that’s not something Pep is used to seeing and neither are we. However, we have been without at least three of our most reliable players from last season, Stones, KDB & Gundo and that doesn’t include Mahrez who I think we’re missing a bit more than we let on. It’s still early season yet, let’s see how we are mid to end of January, we’ll have a fair idea if we’re on a par with last season, maybe not treble winners but let’s see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.