Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
he may have underestimated Chelsea and Pochettino.
we gave them a lot to worry but they gave us a lot as well tactically.

Rodri often was alone in a box of 4-5 Chelsea players in the middle. no wonder they often needed 1-2 passes to get to our box.

Bernardo was higher up on the left, Alvarez closer to Haaland than to Rodri.

also we couldnt control the game nowhere near as much through the middle as we did last season with a Rodri, Gundo, KDb midfield.

add to that that Chelsea was fresh with no midweek game and they raised their game too big time.

He didn't underestimate Chelsea.

He said he had to adjust something at HT, which often happens, so his gameplan wasn't perfect from the outset but equally you cannot always predict exactly what approach an opponent will take; although Pep is obviously good at that.

I'm sure Pep will point to the number of chances we created as some vindication of his approach, which he felt was more than unusual at Chelsea. I think, from memory, he is correct on that but haven't checked the stats.

What Pep could not have foreseen was the number of errors City made today defensively that cost us goals.

He didn't underestimate Chelsea.

He said he had to adjust something at HT, which often happens, so his gameplan wasn't perfect from the outset but equally you cannot always predict exactly what approach an opponent will take; although Pep is obviously good at that.

I'm sure Pep will point to the number of chances we created as some vindication of his approach, which he felt was more than unusual at Chelsea. I think, from memory, he is correct on that but haven't checked the stats.

What Pep could not have foreseen was the number of errors City made today defensively that cost us goals.
People are intent on blaming Pep whenever we drop points but rarely look at the context of the game.
The personal wasn’t bad, the individual mistakes on the other hand..

I couldn't agree more.

With us, he feels loved as well as respected.

When he was at Barca, he didn't get on at all with Sandro Rosell, the president who replaced Laporta, with whom he got on well. What's more, his relations with the players (notably Pique and Fabregas) had really deteriorated and he hadn't received the support of the club, which is one of the main reasons why he left.

When he was at Bayern, he had a huge clash with the club's long-standing physiotherapist, and was much criticized for the way he played. He wasn't too keen to stay.

With us, he's got it all: results, respect, complicity with the entire staff, authority over the players and the full support of the management. He'll never find a better setting than with us, and Guardiola is a secret ambitious who knows he'll be able to fulfill all his dreams and objectives with us.

Pep's love of City has very obviously grown over the years but he will always be a Catalan.

He does look at the moment as content as I can recall seeing him. He gives off the vibe of a man who is enjoying his job at least as much as he ever has. The good thing is that he will never be satisfied.

People are intent on blaming Pep whenever we drop points but rarely look at the context of the game.
The personal wasn’t bad, the individual mistakes on the other hand..
People just love to blame on these forums and I mean blame rather than comment on mistakes, which everybody makes.

If people do things that are rank stupidity, they merit some stick but "honest" mistkes need to be accepted for what they are. Accepting doesn't mean not analysing and looking for how not to repeat the mistake but, sometimes, shit just happens.

Last edited:
People just love to blame on these forums and I mean blame rather than comment on mistakes, which everybody makes.

If people do things that are rank stupidity, they merit some stick but "honest" mistkes need to be accepted for what they are. Accpeting doesn't mean not analysing and looking for how not to repeat the mistake but, sometimes, shit just happens.
It’s a draining place is BM, considering where we are and what we’ve achieved it’s quite mental how many posters seem unhappy with their lot.
Not sure I’ll be around when we inevitably drop a little when Pep leaves. Life is too short.

I think he constantly tweaks stuff in the first half of the season to see what works and what doesn’t. He then applies everything he has learned in the business end. Will be interesting to see if he gives Dias a rest for the Dippers game.
He probably should be kept indoors when it rains. The last three goals were all a lot messier in the shocking weather - Dias couldn't control his sliding tackles, the Rodri goal was spinning all over the place, Ederson struggled to keep hold of the ball.

Felt like it added to the basketball style game that Pep hates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.