Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the best we'll ever have but as I said in the PGT- I don't think it's been his best start to the season. His unwillingness to make a single change, especially after screaming about 5 subs, is just bizarre. I know our bench was thin but surely Lewis is trusted enough at this point. Klopp even trusts Elliot for minutes who isn't half the player Lewis is.

He's the best we'll ever have but as I said in the PGT- I don't think it's been his best start to the season. His unwillingness to make a single change, especially after screaming about 5 subs, is just bizarre. I know our bench was thin but surely Lewis is trusted enough at this point. Klopp even trusts Elliot for minutes who isn't half the player Lewis is.
Elliott has more experience.

The harsh reality is that we currently don’t have a bench. There may be players sitting on it but they’re not coming on unless there is a serious injury or something calamitous occurs. Phillips, Carson, and Gomez are just making up the numbers, Stones isn’t fit, and Bobb is too inexperienced. which means we’re down to Lewis and Gvardiol, but both of those probably need to play on Tuesday. Guardiola will know that the front four just aren’t clicking and that’s because they’re young and prone to making mistakes; it’s a major reason why we’ve dropped 4 points in the last 2 games. If de Bruyne were fit and available, more passes would be on the plate rather than the kitchen floor, but until he is, we’ll be scraping by in these more open games.

Lewis has been training and playing with one of the best teams in the history of football. He started versus Arsenal.
These are big games. Rico would grow into it but right now Pep made the right call especially with Rico coming from his first international game and the penalty situation from that game (no fault of his by the way)

These are big games. Rico would grow into it but right now Pep made the right call especially with Rico coming from his first international game and the penalty situation from that game (no fault of his by the way)
The Arsenal game was arguably bigger and it was away. Look at how he responded after that shocking penalty call as well. He's built for this and should be playing more.

The harsh reality is that we currently don’t have a bench. There may be players sitting on it but they’re not coming on unless there is a serious injury or something calamitous occurs. Phillips, Carson, and Gomez are just making up the numbers, Stones isn’t fit, and Bobb is too inexperienced. which means we’re down to Lewis and Gvardiol, but both of those probably need to play on Tuesday. Guardiola will know that the front four just aren’t clicking and that’s because they’re young and prone to making mistakes; it’s a major reason why we’ve dropped 4 points in the last 2 games. If de Bruyne were fit and available, more passes would be on the plate rather than the kitchen floor, but until he is, we’ll be scraping by in these more open games.
We need to get some young players with experience on the bench. Have a mix of young signings and the EDS boys. Frimpong, Musiala (wishful thinking, yes I know) to name a view.

He's the best period.

We are doing very well considering that (1) it's extremely difficult to fight for a 4th PL title in a row and back to back CLs, and (2) we have injuries to key players due to (1).

Think this season will be a lot like last season even though consecutive seasons don't often resemble each other.

Our problem today was that the final ball wasn't good enough. Not Pep's fault and not something Lewis or Bobb were likely to improve anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.