Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

We also need to remember pep has a massive ego and he needs to reinvent the wheel every season so that is what we are doing atm .
Wouldn't say he is reinventing anything this time. The issue seems to be more that he tries to replicate last seasons system with the wrong components. Walker was benched for a reason, Stonesy sadly been injured and has to be treated as a bonus player at this point, and Alvarez has faded after a bright start and enjoys too much time on the pitch at the moment. We have also not been bailed out by a Haaland in inhuman form who has started missing way too much which is in turn not helped with that service has dried up yet again with Kev out, Foden still moved all over the pitch when he absolutely needs to be played behind Erling and just get comfortable there, Alvarez way too erratic, Grealish having a stop-start season and Doku still a bit raw with his final ball all though much better than anticipated

He is just trying to capture the same lightning in the bottle we had last year with a available set of players that hasn't been fit for purpose this year.

Some players are being set up to fail by Pep, albeit unwillingly.

Gvardiol - He's 21 and still not ready to deal with the frantic pace of the Epl yet, needs to be used sparingly in lesser games or UCL.

Alvarez - Is simply not a midfielder, doesnt have the vision nor composure to play there, also looks tired.

Akanji - Cannot play the Stones Role.

Lewis - Too much expectation on his young shoulders, should not be starting againts big teams, he is a rotational player atm.

Wouldn't say he is reinventing anything this time. The issue seems to be more that he tries to replicate last seasons system with the wrong components. Walker was benched for a reason, Stonesy sadly been injured and has to be treated as a bonus player at this point, and Alvarez has faded after a bright start and enjoys too much time on the pitch at the moment. We have also not been bailed out by a Haaland in inhuman form who has started missing way too much which is in turn not helped with that service has dried up yet again with Kev out, Foden still moved all over the pitch when he absolutely needs to be played behind Erling and just get comfortable there, Alvarez way too erratic, Grealish having a stop-start season and Doku still a bit raw with his final ball all though much better than anticipated

He is just trying to capture the same lightning in the bottle we had last year with an available set of players that hasn't been fit for purpose this year.
I don’t get why he changed a winning formation at the beginning of the season with foden in the centre scoring and creating . Julian alveraz isn’t a midfielder and him being in midfield is affecting the team massively . Very hard to win 4 in a row and I can’t see us doing it unless he changes midfield asap .

Gvardiol - He's 21 and still not ready to deal with the frantic pace of the Epl yet, needs to be used sparingly in lesser games or UCL.

Alvarez - Is simply not a midfielder, doesnt have the vision nor composure to play there, also looks tired.

Lewis - Too much expectation on his young shoulders, should not be starting againts big teams, he is a rotational player atm.
Stones couldn't play Stones role last night.
It is just annoying to read this constant attempt to find individuals, which can be blamed the string of poor performances topped with that horror show from the last night. The truth is the whole team stunk and the worst of all right now is Pep. And he needs to shut the fuck up, just making fool of himself.
I posted half an hour before the game the image of Homer Simpson whistling when I saw Stones - Rico in the MF, I knew it was going to end up bad.

Stones couldn't play Stones role last night.
It is just annoying to read this constant attempt to find individuals, which can be blamed the string of poor performances topped with that horror show from the last night. The truth is the whole team stunk and the worst of all right now is Pep. And he needs to shut the fuck up, just making fool of himself.
I posted half an hour before the game the image of Homer Simpson whistling when I saw Stones - Rico in the MF, I knew it was going to end up bad.
Was Stones really that bad? Also he was playing the Rodri role last night ( Feels so stupid labelling roles) Personally i feel its all about relationships, for example put Rodri and Stones together and they both go up a Level just like Ake and Akanji or Kdb and Haaland. So essentially atm we've been reduced to a bunch of individuals playing out of posiston that's why its easier for people to critisce one player rather than the team as a whole.

The line-up didnt fill me with confidence either and I'll remain saying that the two #8s are our biggest problem.

Obviously, I think Pep is a genius strategically and I have no idea what happens in the dressing room/ on the practice field, but I do think the man management part might not be working this year for the reasons you mention above. These players are getting crushed in the media. Some look like they’re crushed mentally. Three are very young and one was very expensive - these are valuable club assets that need some protection. Now the games that would have been good opportunities for them are must win (Luton) and they likely won’t play. And thus if we win big, it will be even easier to blame the problems of the last few games on them.

on josko, i think the bundesliga is faster than the PL.

I’m looking forward to Red Star and what happens there. It’s an opportunity to resist playing Rodri and try something else, preferably with midfielders rather than players converted. We simply must have a plan B that we can turn to when Rodri is next unavailable.

I’m looking forward to Red Star and what happens there. It’s an opportunity to resist playing Rodri and try something else, preferably with midfielders rather than players converted. We simply must have a plan B that we can turn to when Rodri is next unavailable.
Or just buy an adequate replacement,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.