One of the few times he got HT wrong. Doku and Savinho were having good impact in the FH. I understand he wanted to get Haaland more involved with crosses, but so far, this season Ssvinho and Doku have not worked when played in the opposite wing.

A win is a win, and we are still close to the top with no Rodri, KDB and Foden, so pretty good in my book.

One of the few times he got HT wrong. Doku and Savinho were having good impact in the FH. I understand he wanted to get Haaland more involved with crosses, but so far, this season Ssvinho and Doku have not worked when played in the opposite wing.

A win is a win, and we are still close to the top with no Rodri, KDB and Foden, so pretty good in my book.
He has to stop it.

Both look worse as classical wingers.

They provide more cutting in.

This is that awkward time of the season when whatever he's trying looks a bit unconvincing at times. I suspect this will start paying dividends massively come the final stretch, like it has done the last few years

Pep needs to find a solution without KDB.

I think he should replace Gundogan with Grealish or Foden in the CM position

Saw some interesting moves by Kovacic today, driving into the packed midfield to draw players in before slipping it to Gvardiol, who could then feed Doku in more space. Need more of that.

However we need to see players moving the ball much faster and to the correct side of the attacker. Taking 3-4 touches and then putting it behind the man is unacceptable when the opponent’s ranks are so well organized.

Saw some interesting moves by Kovacic today, driving into the packed midfield to draw players in before slipping it to Gvardiol, who could then feed Doku in more space. Need more of that.

However we need to see players moving the ball much faster and to the correct side of the attacker. Taking 3-4 touches and then putting it behind the man is unacceptable when the opponent’s ranks are so well organized.
Your last paragraph is a comment that also applies to the women's team and would not be out of place in that thread.

He’s making it harder than needed. Rodri & Kev are out so we just need to shut up midfield we are too open. Kova & Gundy constantly bombing forward is mental. Both should sit in the middle of the park for me.

The whole team looks a bit confused & lacking energy.

He needs to drop haaland at times too. Today was not a game for him & an extra midfielder would of helped to create in the 2nd half

I also think the whole is pep staying or going is starting to have an impact. He needs to sign or just say he’s going this summer.

It’s a bit shit for him with injuries & not the way he envisiged going out but he has to play to the teams strength not individuals.

All seems too complicated

This mentality/approach in front of the team, that do not say park the bus and dark arts are shit, do not judge, but focus on how to break it, how to be stronger, win over it, not moan at life, be in progress. Fantastic way.

Pep Guardiola: “We have to deal with teams defending deep, 11 in the box. I said to #ManCity’s players, don’t judge. It belongs to us to break them down. When you play Tottenham, they play different, it’s fine. It’s getting better, knowing it’s so difficult…” [via @mancity]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.