Not he and his assistants best day in the office, IMO.
His half time subs changed the game and gave us complete control, you can question some of his first team choices, but with the number of games coming up he has to rotate and make changes, you can't expect us to destroy teams every game mate, Brentford played really well in the first half but were barely a threat in the second half, so I'd say Pep did a good job.

The changes he made at halftime highlight what you’ve just said
I thought Gvardiol was a good sub, but I couldn't believe he kept Walker on. I also was sure he'd make some more changes to the midfield, as Brentford bypassed it almost at will. I think it's fair to say Frank got the better of him today, and a team with more quality than Brentford could have had this game over by halftime.

I thought Gvardiol was a good sub, but I couldn't believe he kept Walker on. I also was sure he'd make some more changes to the midfield, as Brentford bypassed it almost at will. I think it's fair to say Frank got the better of him today, and a team with more quality than Brentford could have had this game over by halftime.
How did frank get the better of pep when pep won ?

Has managed to get minutes in certain players’ legs, which was always going to be a challenge. The starts to seasons are becoming increasingly staccato, making it ridiculously difficult to have squads fully fit, but we have all 12 points and the only injury that has befallen us was with Ake on international duty. Hats off to Guardiola and the coaching/backroom staff.

But we weren't playing a team with more quality than Brentford, so your point is moot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.