Pep Guardiola to be awarded Freedom of Manchester

Too late.

Stockport Pyramid to become restaurant​

7 July 2023 15:37Dan Whelan

Royal Nawaab, best known in the North West for its former banquet hall in Levenshulme, is close to agreeing a deal that would see the building occupied for the first time since the Co-operative Bank moved out in 2017.

I hope its better than the shite it served up in Leve.

What he's done for football in the country nevermind just City is monumental. And he ain't going to get proper recognition to the way he's changed football from the PL or FA, so we'll done manchester too.
What's he done for football here? Stan was right, trying to come over here with his tippy tappy football. He's ended up playing four centre halves and a big, English forward up front.

Give Stan the freedom of Sale Water Park car park, but only after dark

Well there is a thread of his spiritual home here given you can trace his football influences back to Manchester.
One of Peps mentors was obviously Cruyff
One of Cruyffs mentors was Rinus Michels
One of Rinus Michels mentors was Jack Reynolds
Manchester born Jack Reynolds coached Ajax when they were a small club laying the foundations for total football.

Lots of other coaches involved i just focused on the link back to Manchester. I think Reynolds was at City as a youngster too.

Lots of links but this one will do https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-12464632

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.