pep guardiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen these newspapers who are running this story, call me cynical, but our next home league game is against united, so its far more likely to be the early shit stirrings that we always get before a derby from the media, purely to try and undermine the club, and in this case Pellegrini, who will no doubt now get asked about it at every press conference.

jrb said:
blueinsa said:
oakiecokie said:
You could well be correct young man.

Ferran and Txiki couple with their philosophy of managers having a natural cycle and lifespan says he is almost certain to be correct.

Pep here is a natural fit at some point in the near future and that is not a slight against Pellegrini. He has done a magnificent job but he will move on and we will move on.

That's football!

I don't know Salford Paul from Adam, or the other ITK posters on BM, but my take on the next Manager at City was always going to be Guardiola after Pellegrini, especially with the Barcelona link/conncetion with Soriano and Begiristain.

Guardiola was always going to go to Bayern before coming to the PL, even if he had been approached by City and other PL clubs.

Guardiola will carry on the work of Pellegrini, and just as importantly, the work and direction of the new training academy, which will be fully up and running by the time Guardiola is appointed as City's next Manager.

I'm not a betting Man, but if you fancy a long-term bet go for it. You might get some decent odds ATM. ;-)

6/1 Skybet.

Me and Txiki have it all sorted already.

Pell, Pep then Pat.

A few more seasons with the EDS for Pat and then a few years working alongside Pep before taking over himself and (hopefully) working with some of the youngsters again.

We had another thread a couple of days ago titled something like - "Is Pep all that ?"

I made the case as did many others that he has had everything handed to him on a plate so far in his managerial career. In all probability, if he did eventually succeed Mr P he would be fine because we have the players, the passion, the financial clout.

He really should test himself with a "Gap" year and go and manage Hibs or Herenveen or Hull.

ifiwasarichfan said:
We had another thread a couple of days ago titled something like - "Is Pep all that ?"

I made the case as did many others that he has had everything handed to him on a plate so far in his managerial career. In all probability, if he did eventually succeed Mr P he would be fine because we have the players, the passion, the financial clout.

He really should test himself with a "Gap" year and go and manage Hibs or Herenveen or Hull.
Why on Earth would he want to manage Hull when he's won 2 Champions League titles?

ifiwasarichfan said:

Or Hannover.

aguero93:20 said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

Or Hannover.

That's the point I am trying to make Kun.

Mr Mancini took a side that was selling it's best players and going bust to a trophy.

Taggert got Aberdeen to smash the Glasgow monopoly.

Clough took mid table division two sides to a European Cup win (Forest) and a semi final defeat under the dodgiest of circumstances (Derby).

Mr P has won titles all over South America, took two really unfashionable clubs to the brink of glory and then won two trophies in his first season in England.

He is so accustomed to the very highest level that he couldn't really mess it up if he ever became our manager but in football management terms he has had a silver spoon in his mouth from day one.

ifiwasarichfan said:
aguero93:20 said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

Or Hannover.

That's the point I am trying to make Kun.

Mr Mancini took a side that was selling it's best players and going bust to a trophy.

Taggert got Aberdeen to smash the Glasgow monopoly.

Clough took mid table division two sides to a European Cup win (Forest) and a semi final defeat under the dodgiest of circumstances (Derby).

Mr P has won titles all over South America, took two really unfashionable clubs to the brink of glory and then won two trophies in his first season in England.

He is so accustomed to the very highest level that he couldn't really mess it up if he ever became our manager but in football management terms he has had a silver spoon in his mouth from day one.
Barcelona was a mess when he took over. He immediately sold Ronaldinho and completely reinvented that team around Iniesta and Xavi. He created an entirely new position for Lionel Messi, who became the best player of all time.

He won La Liga 3 times and the CL twice, after creating a team which embraced a meticulously strict and tactically disciplined system and is regarded by many as the greatest ever.

He's now embracing the classic Dutch 'total football' system of universality at Bayern Munich, something which hasn't been witnessed for decades, and won the double in his first season.

But yeah, he hasn't slightly overachieved with a mediocre club, so can't be regarded as highly as Mancini or Pellegrini.

You couldn't make it up.

LOL @ some of the posts in this thread.

Turn Sky Sports 1 on.

Best manager in world football, hopefully our future manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.