Pep - Manager of the Season 2017/18

Rafa's done well with essentially a Championship side. Dyche as well, only a few points off Arsenal.
Has to go to Pep though. Anything else is a joke.

I think you need to define 'fantastic' to be honest.
He's done a good job to be fair but nothing more.
They went through a spell when they didn't win in 11 games - how fantastic was that?
Hodgson has done a great job. Rafa has done a great job. Both of them at least on par with
what Dyche has done quite easily.

Pep won the PL with 5 games to spare, scored the most goals etc etc. Now that is a fantastic job.
If Klopp or Peg had done the same then there is no doubt either of them would have won it without debate.
Infact if either of them had won the title in anyway they would got it and with some merit to be fair.
Pep has been head & shoulders above all of them and by some distance.
If Dyche wins it then the award loses any credibility is has (if any) and it really will show up the biased 'Little Englander'
mentality of football in this country.

they might finish 6th ! how on earth is that not fantastic ???? above rafa and hodgson, so hes absolutely had a better season then them. they lost some of their best players and have a squad most considered relegation fodder/championship at best. 'little englander' has nothing to do with anything . burnley have just had a very good season. pep should win the award though as i said.

It will be Pep, but very close if Dyche gets Burnley into Europe. Not really bias at all, he's done an incredible job there and I don't really understand why people are trying to put him down.

We know it is Pep and that is what counts almost as much as Pep being the guy whose team has won the league.

Other managers, such as Dyche and Benitez have done very good jobs in their circumstances. Klopp might win the Champions League!

What Pep has done though is quite extraordinary but I still don't think a lot of people quite get it and that is why he might not win Manager of the year; just as KDB might not win footballer of the year, despite being the best player in the league.

Just ridiculous that Mancini and Pellers never won the manager of the season award when they won the title.......Conte won it when he won the league as did peg, Ranieri and the drunkard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_Manager_of_the_Season
Mancini not winning is understandable. Pelegrini isn't. Mancini won the league but his team wasn't special that season. They had a rival till the end in United. And had to claw back to win it. Admirable, but not a lock for MOY.

Pelegrini blew through the league early on scoring for fun in his first year. Should definitely have won it.

What Dyche and Benitez have done happens every few years. Pardew getting 5th with Newcastle, Pulis keeping Palace up, Laudrup getting Swansea 8th and a league cup.

Guardiola has done things this season no one has ever done. He's broken records left right and centre, and that's why he'll win.

Only 4 times it has been won by a non title winning manager. Craig Burley in 2000-01, Harry Rednap in 2009-10, and most significantly Pardew in 2011-12 and Pulis in 2013-14.

No agenda?

Klopp should win it for sure. Anyone who knows anything knows that they are literally the best team in the world and they couldn't spend 50m on a full back if they wanted to.

We know it is Pep and that is what counts almost as much as Pep being the guy whose team has won the league.

Other managers, such as Dyche and Benitez have done very good jobs in their circumstances. Klopp might win the Champions League!

What Pep has done though is quite extraordinary but I still don't think a lot of people quite get it and that is why he might not win Manager of the year; just as KDB might not win footballer of the year, despite being the best player in the league.

I said months ago that no-one from City would win a single individual award, and I see no reason to change that prediction. The inclusion of the near 25 year old Kane in the YPOTY award was about as obvious a ploy as you can get, but denying Pep the manager’s award, when he’s on target to break every PL record known to man, would be laughable beyond compare!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.